Clay has a no-trade clause for 1st 3 years

So cease and desist with your trade proposals, TRBJ!

@RavensInsider: Charles Clay Bills deal: $38M, $10M bonus, $24.5M gtd, salaries $3M, $1.5M, $4.5M, $4.5M, $4.5M, has no trade clause for first three years

Edited by YoloinOhio

They would've signed him to that deal for a one year rental? What if they didn't find a suitor?

the Saints kind of did that with Jimmy Graham. They went through all of that with the tag and him challenging to be paid like a WR, etc, gave him that huge deal... And then a year later decided they couldn't keep him and found someone who could and got sweet return.

the Saints kind of did that with Jimmy Graham. They went through all of that with the tag and him challenging to be paid like a WR, etc, gave him that huge deal... And then a year later decided they couldn't keep him and found someone who could and got sweet return.

i do think they wouldve loved to have kept him.... but they may have been unhappy with his attitude after all that. kirby may have heard more directly, but i got some rumblings that he never got over how the process played out and it effected him in the facilities and possibly on the field.

i do think they wouldve loved to have kept him.... but they may have been unhappy with his attitude after all that. kirby may have heard more directly, but i got some rumblings that he never got over how the process played out and it effected him in the facilities and possibly on the field.

yeah, I heard he wasn't the same after all of that. lt still felt like they made a huge commitment to him, and then turned around and decided he wasn't as "vital" as they thought. IMO it was a great trade for both teams. Edited by YoloinOhio