Biggest Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Snubs

HOF snubs  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who are the Biggest snubs in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

2. 2. Same question, list expanded

2015 Nominations

• Green Day
  • Nine Inch Nails
  • N.W.A (Respect the hell out of them, but not rock and roll)
  • The Smiths
  • Lou Reed
  • Sting
  • The Paul Butterfield Blues Band
  • Kraftwerk
  • Chic (Disco, not rock)
  • Joan Jett & the Blackhearts
  • The Marvelettes
  • The Spinners
  • Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble (This is a shame that it hasn't already happened.)
  • War
  • Bill Withers

I'll admit it: I'm a fan of Heart. Their old stuff is great. Heart definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame.

But I don't know how you put them in the Hall of Fame before SRV. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. :wacko:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll admit it: I'm a fan of Heart. Their old stuff is great. Heart definitely belongs in the Hall of Fame.

But I don't know how you put them in the Hall of Fame before SRV. That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. :wacko:

Simple. Stevie Ray Vaughn is dead. Who's gonna play to sell/drive up prices for inauguration tickets? Jimmie? Simple as that.

Maybe KRS-one or Ice-T?

Man, if you include NWA, does that mean that individually you must include them as well since DR.Dre, Ice Cube and Eazy-E had huge solo success. How about Will Smith, would he enter as himself or the DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince?

This rap stuff is so complicated.

Jeff Lynne could get in 3 times. ELO, Travelin Wilburys and Jeff Lynne.

Priest

Maiden

Ronnie James Dio

Ted Nugent

Ozzy

NIN

The Cure

Purple

Cars

Depeche Mode

Bad Company

Slayer

Megadeth

Pantera

Soundgarden

Replacements

Def Leppard

Motley Crue

Motorhead

Sammy Hagar

Pixies

Depeche Mode??? :lol:

Def Leppard going in to the hall almost sounds like a joke...until you remember that Hysteria sold 25 million copies and was the #1 album in 1987, and Pyromania would have been the #1 selling album in 1984 except that Thriller B word-slapped everything. Not to mention that those two albums are really, really good.

I don't like most of their stuff but their legacy and influence is undeniable. The last thing I read had them selling over 100,000,000 albums. That's more than just about anyone on my list.

No denying their popularity...but I have a really hard time calling them "rock." Depeche Mode is "rock" like Jethro Tull is "heavy metal..."

...oh, wait. Nevermind...

ELO is there. But Yeah, he belongs in as a solo as well.

What the hell has Jeff Lynne ever done solo?

The Guess Who and the Moody Blues should get in and then shut the thing down. It's ridiculous at this point. Maybe Bad Company, too.............But, then shut it down

And, I loved Cheap Trick, but they shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

I picked...

G. Parsons

NY Dolls

Ozzy

Pixies

Replacements

Smiths

...but mostly I don't care. The R&R Hall of Fame is about as meaningful as the NFL pro bowl.

Edit: I like the Flaming Lips too (if you don't count their last couple albums). I didn't know they were eligible already. I'd also add Pavement, Capt. Beefheart and the Butthole Surfers if it were my personal H of F.

You have excellent taste in music

Bill Withers belongs. He is very underappreciated

for all you calling for ELO & Jeff Lynne....He is releasing a new "ELO" album in a week or two, have heard one track so far, it's kinda mellow but as good as you'd expect from Lynne

What the hell has Jeff Lynne ever done solo?

The Guess Who and the Moody Blues should get in and then shut the thing down. It's ridiculous at this point. Maybe Bad Company, too.............But, then shut it down

And, I loved Cheap Trick, but they shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame.

for all you calling for ELO & Jeff Lynne....He is releasing a new "ELO" album in a week or two, have heard one track so far, it's kinda mellow but as good as you'd expect from Lynne

This is great news, thank you. ELO is, in my opinion, one of the greatest rock bands, ever. I'll also throw the Guess Who in to that category. Two very underrated bands. Is Traffic in? They're another.

The R-n-R HOF is still a sham. Threads like this one are more legitimate, if you ask me.

You have excellent taste in music

Bill Withers belongs. He is very underappreciated

Thanks.

"Ain't No Sunshine" was the favorite song of an uncle of mine who passed away a few years ago. After the memorial service, some of the family met at a diner and that song came on while they were all talking about him. I don't know much else from the Bill Withers catalogue, but I should check it out.

of course it's a sham, but it's fun to see people's taste in music. i am amazed at how many metal fans there are, i do not count myself among that group, but it's cool to see. other interesting bands i've seen posted depeche mode, no arguments here, pixies, still putting out killer music so they shouldn't be considered yet. I included weird al in my list because he is out on an island by himself and he just keeps putting out great/fun stuff time after time. I love music and i love the passion people have for their musical likes and dislikes. I hate redundant/duplicate threads on this board, but i will participate in any and every music thread anyone puts out there

This is great news, thank you. ELO is, in my opinion, one of the greatest rock bands, ever. I'll also throw the Guess Who in to that category. Two very underrated bands. Is Traffic in? They're another.

The R-n-R HOF is still a sham. Threads like this one are more legitimate, if you ask me.

Edited by The Poojer

of course it's a sham, but it's fun to see people's taste in music. i am amazed at how many metal fans there are, i do not count myself among that group, but it's cool to see. other interesting bands i've seen posted depeche mode, no arguments here, pixies, still putting out killer music so they shouldn't be considered yet. I included weird al in my list because he is out on an island by himself and he just keeps putting out great/fun stuff time after time. I love music and i love the passion people have for their musical likes and dislikes. I hate redundant/duplicate threads on this board, but i will participate in any and every music thread anyone puts out there

Great call on Weird Al.

And I agree. I could talk about music all day long. I love to hear people's opinions. This thread makes me want to go back and listen to tunes that I've not heard in a long time. That, alone, makes this thread better than the HOF.

Depeche Mode is "rock" like Jethro Tull is "heavy metal..."

...oh, wait. Nevermind...

:lol:

There are lots of great bands/artists should be inducted, but there's no excuse for Deep Purple not having been included years ago. Rainbow as well, imo.

Great call on Weird Al.

And I agree. I could talk about music all day long. I love to hear people's opinions. This thread makes me want to go back and listen to tunes that I've not heard in a long time. That, alone, makes this thread better than the HOF.