Thoughts whilst enjoying a homemade burger

Beerball

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I reluctantly agree.

Next time you do a decently thick steak, just try the reverse.

Lowers heat for 15-20 minutes, take off grill and let grill get up to high heat....put back and sear to get that delicious crust.

Big differnce is the grey around the outer edges of the meat should not be there. , should be a nice medium rare all the way through, not just center.

Works great on roasts and really anything you are used to wearing first before roasting/grilling.

I still sear first if braising or using in a stew etc.

Just had a burger tonight at home. Our local butcher (small store in town) makes bacon burger. Anyway, cooked the burgers on hot grill for 2 mins then turned to low and closed cover. Nice pink. Then toasted the bun. Then, onion and my wife's bread and butter pickles (discussed above). Finally, MAYO on the bottom bun and a lot of pepper and salt. Holy Chit - thanks for the mayo suggestion. Really Good.

80/20 chuck well seasoned

American cheese

Heirloom tomato

Iceberg lettuce

Spicy remoulade

Onion rings on top of burger

I agree ketchup is for babies. Anything you put ketchup on tastes like ketchup. No thanks to fructose corn syrup. Ketchup and ranch are killing the American palate

80/20 chuck well seasoned

American cheese

Heirloom tomato

Iceberg lettuce

Spicy remoulade

Onion rings on top of burger

I agree ketchup is for babies. Anything you put ketchup on tastes like ketchup. No thanks to fructose corn syrup. Ketchup and ranch are killing the American palate

You will never see ketchup on a true "Chicago Hot Dog." ;-)

Oh, what if I have to subsitute the heirloom tomate w/a beefstake?

Sorry, just being a jerk! ;-) Sounds gr8. What is spicy remoulade? I guess I can Google it!