Thoughts whilst enjoying a homemade burger

Beerball

I'm cooking them like 60 seconds a side over a grill hot enough to finish them in that time. Lid down to avoid total flare up/grease fire.

Do you have any reason for leaving your grill open and letting heat escape when you cook?

My only reason is to avoid the grill becoming an oven/cooking too fast prior to flipping.

60 seconds/side - your burger is either really thin or you like it rare!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or my grill is ridiculously hot and my lid is closed.

Factoring in the lid coming off for the flip, you're cooking a burger with the lid closed for a total of about 100 seconds. Gotta still be raw.

Have we seriously just gone three pages on how to cook a hamburger?

Beerball's next thread: "Ice Water...the tantalizing method to my madness" or "PB&J...Here's the Trick"

never underestimate the intelligence level of posters on this board...this stuff makes our days go by without stabbing someone in the eye

In truth I think we all missed. his point.

I really feel he was asking what we are thinking while we are eating a hamburger.

So here's mine...mine depend on the amount of vanilla vodka I'm drinking.

What kind of Texan are you?!?!? You can only drink Shiner, Lone Star, and Tito's Vodka. For shame.

You need to have a night out with Russ Brandon.

Hummm....the Cowboys are going to Buffalo this year.

What kind of Texan are you?!?!? You can only drink Shiner, Lone Star, and Tito's Vodka. For shame.

Sorry..Barnett's or McCormick's for me

Have to save my pennies.

I maybe coming to Buffalo three times next year.

Have you guys tried a stuffed burger? (you put the cheddar, or american or swiss cheese into the middle of the burger and form the pattie around the cheese). Not a bad trick but you have to watch for not cooking the burger too well done because there is less meat to cook through.

Yeah, I've done them a few times. Really good with blue cheese.

You are correct. It has been proven to be a myth that searing food seals the juices in more than not searing.

But searing provides that crusty goodness. Best flavor there is.