Hillary's Fun Camps

Dante

I guess she's kidding. Right? Kinda scary words from her are "learning enrichment" and "life skills". Her idea of those?

And just the thought of a totalitarian control freak like her mentioning any kind of camp is chilling. Uhm..no thanks pant suit get away from me. She actually wants to be prez! Talking about camps! yikes

http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/19/hillary-clinton-wants-to-send-citizens-t

Edited by Dante

We have "fun camps." They're called resorts. Or cruise ships. Or National Parks.

!@#$ing clueless dingbat.

Maybe for her a "fun camp" is a re education camp to turn us all into leftist freaks like her. Ugh

These right wing circle jerk threads are your fun camp. Lord have mercy!

This isn't a "right wing circle jerk." If Newt Gingrich had suggested something this stupid, I'd be just as contemptuous of it. And it is the kind of bull **** he'd suggest. It's up there with his "give every homeless person a laptop computer" suggestion from 20 years ago.

Only you could see a suggestion that stupid, and immediately play the "It's only because people hate Hillary" card. You !@#$in' bonehead.

These right wing circle jerk threads are your fun camp. Lord have mercy!

We will send you in first to report on Hillary's idea of fun. On the upside I suspect there will be lots of chicks there. On the downside I don't think they would be of any use to a dude. Damn there I go not having any class again.

Edited by Dante

No emails either incoming or outgoing at Camp Clinton. Check your iPhone/Android/Blackberry at the front gate.

Wait... I thought I could log on through the Clinton server and all my email would be safely deleted!!!

Has Hillary nailed down the name for her camps yet? Why not go with a proven winner, such as “Strength Through Joy”?

In case anyone is surprised by Hillary’s latest brainstorm, recall her past attempts at totalitarian spitballing:

Orwell’s was a daddy-dystopia, where the state is abusive and bullying, maintaining its authority through a permanent climate of war and the manufacture of convenient enemies. Huxley’s is a maternal misery, where man is smothered with care, not cruelty. But for all our talk these days about manliness, individualism, and even the ‘nanny state,’ we still don’t have the vocabulary to fight off nice totalitarianism, liberal fascism.

With that distinction in mind, let us revisit It Takes a Village. On page after page, Clinton extols the idea that just about everything is a health issue. Divorce should be treated like a “public health issue” because it creates stress in children. The very basics of parenting are health issues because “how infants are held, touched, fed, spoken to, and gazed at”determines whether our brains can be “hijacked”by our emotions, potentially making us murderously violent. Mrs. Clinton tells us that Janet Reno issued a report which found that gang violence and gun use are the products of people with badly imprinted brains who become “emotionally hijacked”with little provocation. Quoting doctors, friendly activists, social workers, and random real Americans, in chapter after chapter she argues for interventions on behalf of children from literally the moment they are born. Children need “[g]entle, intimate, consistent contact” to reduce stress, which can “create feelings of helplessness that lead to later developmental problems.”Even well-to-do parents need help because after all everyone feels stress, and “we know that babies sense the stress.” It’s fair to say that a state empowered to eliminate parental stress is a state with a Huxleyan mandate. And a state with an extreme mandate must logically go to extremes.

Hence Clinton argues for the diffusion of parental training into every nook and cranny of public life. Here’s one such suggestion: “Videos with scenes of common-sense baby care—how to burp an infant, what to do when soap gets in his eyes, how to make a baby with an earache comfortable—could be running continuously in doctors’ offices, clinics, hospitals, motor vehicle offices, or any place where people gather and have to wait.” Imagine if these sorts of ideas were fully implemented at the Department of Motor Vehicles, the passport office, and other places “where people gather and have to wait.”Giant flat screens at the airport pumping breast-feeding advice? The JumboTron at football games? At what point would the Brave New World seem to be heading down the pike?

Read more: http://pjmedia.com/eddriscoll/2015/03/20/springtime-for-hillary/#ixzz3V9ISpuwX