All Star Classic Rock Band

no love for Lou Graham on vocals?

I feel like a lot of people cringe when they hear the names from the annals of arena rock. Not saying it's correct, but rather that it's how it is.

• Lead Singer- Jim Morrison (Doors)
  • Lead Guitar - Stevie Ray Vaughn
  • Rhythm Guitar - Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)
  • Bass- Cliff Burton (Metallica)
  • Drums- Jon Bonham (Led)
  • Piano/keyboard- Keith Emerson (ELP)
  • Lyrics: Ronnie Van Zant (Skynyrd)

I just noticed that I have a lot of dead guys in there... :huh:

Thought about Cliff too but didn't think he was classic rock but works for me

Vocals - Robert Plant (Led Zepplin)

Lead - Randy Rhodes (Ozzy's lead)

Rythem - Tommy Iommi (Black Sabbath)

Bass - Cliff Burton (Metallica)

Drums - Dave Lombardo (Slayer)

Paul McCarty on a all time classic rock band :w00t: and No Ozzie?

I really wanted Ozzy for vocals but I had to have Iommi, best riff writer of all time and and a mean guitarist in his own right.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

no love for Lou Graham on vocals?

I think there are so many great singers from the era..It comes down to a matter of taste.Just a few I thought of

freddie..best pure voice

ozzy..cant talk but can he sing!

ronnie james dio..what a voice

steve perry still had the best pipes

axl..cmon his uniqe voice is memerizing

i love lou graham and foreigner. we all sang along to hot blooded for years.

stevie winwood..sings like a bird

and for guitarist to me its clapton(plus a great voice and lyricist) and e.van halen..transformed rock guitarist in my youth

Paul McCarty on a all time classic rock band :w00t: and No Ozzie?

Ozzy is an average, to below average vocalist that always surrounded himself with out of this world guitarists.

I seriously think Spinal Tap could go on tour in 2015 and sell out 20K seat venues.

I'd pay to see them. I remember the first time I saw the movie, I thought it was the stupidest thing I'd ever seen. But then I saw it on TV like a year later, and realized how subtle most of the jokes were and realized it was comedy gold.

Ozzy is an average, to below average vocalist that always surrounded himself with out of this world guitarists.

That is just silly to say. Come on, dude. First of all, he's been around for over 40 years and the only out of this world guitarists he's surrounded himself with have been Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde. The others (yes, including Iommi) have been great, but not out of this world.

Secondly, I can't think you'd opine that Ozzy's vocals are average to below average if you've actually listened to his early stuff (Sabbath to 80s solo).

Really...you must be young..we saw him on the blizzard of oz tour in 81-82. voice still resonates off

the speakers in my head from the show. Like I said vocals are an aquired taste. everyone is different but

you cant make claims like this

That is just silly to say. Come on, dude. First of all, he's been around for over 40 years and the only out of this world guitarists he's surrounded himself with have been Randy Rhoads and Zakk Wylde. The others (yes, including Iommi) have been great, but not out of this world.

Secondly, I can't think you'd opine that Ozzy's vocals are average to below average if you've actually listened to his early stuff (Sabbath to 80s solo).

Ozzy's like David Lee Roth in that they're both lousy singers but great vocalists.