I Am So Screwed

Chef Jim

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh he did. I left that off. Like I want any of you people to know my real name.

It sounds like someone is playing a joke on you (or maybe I'm falling for one myself). I would think that a document of this importance from the FBI would be hand-signed and delivered by mail, if not by other means than just an email. Besides, it's not charging you with any wrongdoing, only threatening you if you don't help them bust up a Nigerian Prince scam.

If you think it's legitimate, why not just reply to the email with a question regarding clarification of their request and see what you receive?

Quick internet search will reveal others have received a very similar letter from Ghana, Nigeria. Because legit transfers of money from Africa to the states occur all the time. Google the acronyms. Good luck with your hard jail time!

Edited by GaryPinC

Quick internet search will reveal others have received a very similar letter from Ghana, Nigeria. Because legit transfers of money from Africa to the states occur all the time. Google the acronyms. Good luck with your hard jail time!

Call a doctor if it lasts longer than 4 hours.

It sounds like someone is playing a joke on you (or maybe I'm falling for one myself). I would think that a document of this importance from the FBI would be hand-signed and delivered by mail, if not by other means than just an email. Besides, it's not charging you with any wrongdoing, only threatening you if you don't help them bust up a Nigerian Prince scam.

If you think it's legitimate, why not just reply to the email with a question regarding clarification of their request and see what you receive?

I'm not replying just in case they have the wrong person. I don't want my work email on file with the FBI.

Why are you in trouble. It's very clear that you still have plenty of time to fill out the appropriate form and get it to them. Maybe you run into a corrupt agent who tries to skim a little of the money off the top, but it beats the alternative. Get those forms in and get your money!

Why are you in trouble. It's very clear that you still have plenty of time to fill out the appropriate form and get it to them. Maybe you run into a corrupt agent who tries to skim a little of the money off the top, but it beats the alternative. Get those forms in and get your money!

You know this is a good point. I do stand to get $8mil out of the deal.

You know this is a good point. I do stand to get $8mil out of the deal.

And I bet that you stand to get a certificate from the FBI declaring that you are not a terrorist. Sounds like a nice conversation piece to me. I'd frame that thing and hang it over my mantel.

The more thought I've given this, along with a little sleuth work as time has permitted, I'm pretty sure this correspondence you got is fake. Just my two cents. Good luck, either way!

You think? I'm not so sure.

Like I said .. haven't had much time to dig too deeply .. but it kind of looks like it. I'm sure someone else might know more about it than I do.