Re-draw the Middle East map

I thought I'd try something here.

I see posters on here saying things like "I'd love to see the Israelis react if we pulled $4B of their funding" like it would be some sort of fun exercise doing it and that it would have no implications. I see other posters criticizing Palestinians, Arabs, Israelis, Iranians and others. I see a cretin continuously trying to explain that language barriers confuse us when someone incites chants of "Death to America", denies the holocaust, or sets a goal of wiping a country off the map.

Here's your chance. Re-design the Middle East in any fashion you'd like. There are only a few ground rules:

You can move any current ME population anywhere in the world you'd like en masse, but you must account for them. For example you can say "All Syrians move to Russia or Kurds get their own country". You can't just leave them out of the discussion.

You need to state your goal but any goal is fine. You can say "In an effort to achieve a lasting piece...." or "I like chaos so I'd....."

At your option you can move other populations into the ME. "All Canadians are to report to Yemen at zero dark thirty...." but you must explain why.

You cannot ignore a major population but you can do whatever you want with it. Be honest in what you want to do and why. Major populations are considered to be Yemen, SA, Israeli Jews, Israeli Arabs, Palestinians, Iraqis, Iraqi Kurds, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, UAE, and Egypt. Groups like Egyptian Coptics, Iranian Jews, Qatar, Oman, etc. are optional. Some other population I didn't mention can also be included.

I thought I'd try something here.

I see posters on here saying things like "I'd love to see the Israelis react if we pulled $4B of their funding" like it would be some sort of fun exercise doing it and that it would have no implications. I see other posters criticizing Palestinians, Arabs, Israelis, Iranians and others. I see a cretin continuously trying to explain that language barriers confuse us when someone incites chants of "Death to America", denies the holocaust, or sets a goal of wiping a country off the map.

Here's your chance. Re-design the Middle East in any fashion you'd like. There are only a few ground rules:

You can move any current ME population anywhere in the world you'd like en masse, but you must account for them. For example you can say "All Syrians move to Russia or Kurds get their own country". You can't just leave them out of the discussion.

You need to state your goal but any goal is fine. You can say "In an effort to achieve a lasting piece...." or "I like chaos so I'd....."

At your option you can move other populations into the ME. "All Canadians are to report to Yemen at zero dark thirty...." but you must explain why.

You cannot ignore a major population but you can do whatever you want with it. Be honest in what you want to do and why. Major populations are considered to be Yemen, SA, Israeli Jews, Israeli Arabs, Palestinians, Iraqis, Iraqi Kurds, Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, UAE, and Egypt. Groups like Egyptian Coptics, Iranian Jews, Qatar, Oman, etc. are optional. Some other population I didn't mention can also be included.

let em figure it out for themselves, with their own resources. step aside and watch what happens.

let em figure it out for themselves, with their own resources. step aside and watch what happens.

As far as I can tell your lazy response actually followed all the rules except for stating your own goal. Can you fill in that blank? Is it isolationism? Is it alleviation of years of diplomatic frustration? I'm not criticizing, just curious.

Bonus question: If we did step aside in all ways, what do you think would happen? This is optional as I'm just curious to see if you had any predictions.

this http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=sumerians+british+museum&qpvt=sumerians+british+museum&qpvt=sumerians+british+museum&FORM=IQFRML#view=detail&id=2F2FDB017452A184773E0493191CFEB122FEB49D&selectedIndex=98 is what is likely to happen. been going on 1000nds of years without our intervention. not likely to stop anytime soon regardless of what we do or don't do.

unfortunately, i can't find a picture of the massive carving from the british museum showing the sumerians in battle and then killing prisoners and taking others as slaves.

Edited by birdog1960

Ideally Iraq should be split up into three parts. The southeastern portion to the Shias, central western portions to the Sunni's and the northern region to the Kurds. The Kurds definitely should have their own land.

Ideally Iraq should be split up into three parts. The southeastern portion to the Shias, central western portions to the Sunni's and the northern region to the Kurds. The Kurds definitely should have their own land.

The problem with making Kurdish Iraq its own state is that there's Kurdish separatists in neighboring countries as well. An Iraqi Kurdish state is almost immediately at war with Syria (in as much as Syria could prosecute a real war these days), Turkey, and Iran.

It's the main reason the region is such a mess - ISIS is a fart in the wind compared to the long-term tensions over mismatched national and ethnic boundaries.

The problem with making Kurdish Iraq its own state is that there's Kurdish separatists in neighboring countries as well. An Iraqi Kurdish state is almost immediately at war with Syria (in as much as Syria could prosecute a real war these days), Turkey, and Iran.

It's the main reason the region is such a mess - ISIS is a fart in the wind compared to the long-term tensions over mismatched national and ethnic boundaries.

Yes, but relatively speaking, the kurds are the most sane in the asylum.

Edited by Magox

Since everyone over there hates Israel how about they relocate to Baja California. They seem to excel in hostile desert climates turning them into useful real estate. They in turn help Mexico get their shite together. Probably great at securing the border and fight the drug cartels. They would probably get that crap turned around in a few years where as the States and Mexico have never been able to do it. I don't know what happens to the vacancy in their absence. Doesn't matter. It will turn into a crap hole and everyone else there can battle for it. First heard of this on Carolla/Miller podcast.

Edited by Dante

Sheldon on Big Bang Theory had a solution. Build an exact replica of Israel in the Mexican desert and call it New Jerusalem. :lol:

Jew Mexico? And you blatantly stole my Baja California idea. Which I stole from Miller and Carolla :thumbsup:

Edited by Dante

There has to be a way to set it up so that there is never a true national/ethnic/religious majority in any ME state. You create all of these multiethnic states whose factions are never able to get strong enough to dominate the others.

After all, these conflicts that keep popping up tend to be internal struggles. Those types of conflicts arise from distrust and perceived (many times real) inequalities between factions. Seemed to work for the US and our patchwork of crazy ancestors that crossed the ocean.

Although, it finally worked over here because other powers allowed us to work no it our own problems during our formative years, so maybe birdog has the best idea.

Edited by sodbuster