Rivers in 2016?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

‏@NFL

"He'll make an interesting Hall of Fame debate one day..." http://bit.ly/1Pg1dee

CMiJx8FWwAAzBss.jpg

It's a good debate. You figure manning and Brady are locks for this generation. Brees too, realistically. rivers is, in theory, behind Ben and Eli. Do 6 of the 2000-2015 crowd get in? And with 1 being the guy he replaced and the other being a guy he was traded for its a fun talk. Edited by NoSaint

It's a good debate. You figure manning and Brady are locks for this generation. Brees too, realistically. rivers is, in theory, behind Ben and Eli. Do 6 of the 2000-2015 crowd get in? And with 1 being the guy he replaced and the other being a guy he was traded for its a fun talk.

Without a SB appearance at least, Rivers never gets in.

As for the contract, did anyone really think that Rivers would ever be let out of SD, or that he really wanted to go?

Magical thinking...

Wow- so this all about $. Shocker. This is the exact reason some of these threads are so silly, as we'll never get an existing franchise QB.

Our only chance is in the draft, and pray Whaley gets it right this time.

It'd take a pretty large bit of stupidity to let a top tier QB test free-agency.

Christ, the only way to get a FQB is to draft one. Is what it is. If Tirod turns out to be decent it would be a coup, but draft and develop is what we need to do. I keep saying it, draft a QB every year until you find one.

That is not a draft and develop strategy. It is a draft and cross fingers strategy. On the basis that you will always need some form of a vet backup if you draft a guy every year there is simply no way you can given every one of those guys proper development.

That is not a draft and develop strategy. It is a draft and cross fingers strategy. On the basis that you will always need some form of a vet backup if you draft a guy every year there is simply no way you can given every one of those guys proper development.

Call it whatever you want to it's better plan than what we have had in the past 14 years! But let me amend it, keep drafting a quarterback every year to you think you got one that has what it takes to be a FQB. You can't develop one if you don't draft one.

Call it whatever you want to it's better plan than what we have had in the past 14 years! But let me amend it, keep drafting a quarterback every year to you think you got one that has what it takes to be a FQB. You can't develop one if you don't draft one.

But then you are just guessing. I contend you are more likely to end up missing a potential FQB that way than being selective in your drafting. I am not against taking one every year but not for a high pick. You have to draft the right guy and then trust yourselves to develop him and then when you see a guy you really believe in you have to be willing to give up whatever it takes to get him... whether that is an RGIII type trade or a Ricky Williams or whatever.

But then you are just guessing. I contend you are more likely to end up missing a potential FQB that way than being selective in your drafting. I am not against taking one every year but not for a high pick. You have to draft the right guy and then trust yourselves to develop him and then when you see a guy you really believe in you have to be willing to give up whatever it takes to get him... whether that is an RGIII type trade or a Ricky Williams or whatever.

True, I'm just tired of doing nothing and expecting a different result. I was fine with burning a 1 on EJ. It appears it won't pan out, but that shouldn't stop us from drafting another. There's multiple second and third round picks at QB over the past few years that this board would love to have right now.

True, I'm just tired of doing nothing and expecting a different result. I was fine with burning a 1 on EJ. It appears it won't pan out, but that shouldn't stop us from drafting another. There's multiple second and third round picks at QB over the past few years that this board would love to have right now.

I agree.... and Buddy was certainly trigger shy.

exactly (although I wouldn't have used a one)

It's a good debate. You figure manning and Brady are locks for this generation. Brees too, realistically. rivers is, in theory, behind Ben and Eli. Do 6 of the 2000-2015 crowd get in? And with 1 being the guy he replaced and the other being a guy he was traded for its a fun talk.

Brady, Manning, Ben, Eli, and Brees are all 1st ballot HoF'ers.

Rivers is a HoF QB. Whether he goes in the 1st ballot depends on who else is eligible that year.