Rivers in 2016?

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The dream is over

@RapSheet: The #Chargers announced a 4-year extension for QB Philip Rivers, putting him under contract through 2019

24 pages for nothing :(

This was never going to happen.

Until they get really old and have an injury (like Manning) franchise QBs dont get away from the team that drafted them.....like...ever

That is great news!!! C'mon Philip WNY is just like the Georgia with lots hunting, good people and good eating (including BBQ, you know you want ribs right B-) )

Rivers agreed to an extension.

link?

That is great news!!! C'mon Philip WNY is just like the Georgia with lots hunting, good people and good eating (including BBQ, you know you want ribs right B-) )

link?

There's a site called NFL.COM. It's a website that posts news about the National Football League. Check it out. It has some valuable information in there.

This was never going to happen.

Until they get really old and have an injury (like Manning) franchise QBs dont get away from the team that drafted them.....like...ever

Manning was a special confluence of events..he got injured in a year the Colts could tank for the "next Manning". That is an incredibly lucky circumstance. They don't get Luck...Manning isn't available.

The San Diego Chargers have agreed to terms with franchise quarterback Philip Rivers on a four-year extension that runs through 2019, the team announced via its Twitter feed.

The deal is worth $83.25 million with $65 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN senior NFL analyst Chris Mortensen.

Well,with that insane pipe dream off the table. i guess it's time to start let's trade for Rodgers or Luck threads?

Were stacked at long snappers so we even have the trade bait.

There were lots of reasonable posts as to why Rivers could have been an anomaly. It would have cost you at least 2 1sts but was it that unreasonable, if SD won 6 games for example, to think that they may rather take at least 2 1st round picks than pay a 34 year-old QB for 4 more years on a team going nowhere? It was much more similar to the Manning situation than to Rodgers or Luck. It was always a longshot but there wasn't zero chance (maybe 5% that he left). Now that longshot is off the table but to assume that it was like Rodgers or Luck is wrong.

There were lots of reasonable posts as to why Rivers could have been an anomaly. It would have cost you at least 2 1sts but was it that unreasonable, if SD won 6 games for example, to think that they may rather take at least 2 1st round picks than pay a 34 year-old QB for 4 more years on a team going nowhere? It was much more similar to the Manning situation than to Rodgers or Luck. It was always a longshot but there wasn't zero chance (maybe 5% that he left). Now that longshot is off the table but to assume that it was like Rodgers or Luck is wrong.

Kirby, I don't think it was even a 5% chance. IMO more in the " noise range" I never paid really paid close attention to his thoughts, but I never heard him saying I want out. it was more like I do not want to move to LA. Which if you think about it he never will/would have too. he can commute easily. In anything he wants.

I Forget which network but two days ago when asked about playing out his contract and then the possibility

of getting franchised for two years. he appeared unfazed. he even said I do not care if this contract plays out. of course it could have been posturing. The Rodgers/ Luck thing was pure sarcasm.

Kirby, I don't think it was even a 5% chance. IMO more in the " noise range" I never paid really paid close attention to his thoughts, but I never heard him saying I want out. it was more like I do not want to move to LA. Which if you think about it he never will/would have too. he can commute easily. In anything he wants.

I Forget which network but two days ago when asked about playing out his contract and then the possibility

of getting franchised for two years. he appeared unfazed. he even said I do not care if this contract plays out. of course it could have been posturing. The Rodgers/ Luck thing was pure sarcasm.

I apologize if I misconstrued your thoughts. There were lots of people that just said "that's dumb" without putting any thought into it. They would say "let's just get Rodgers instead."

It was never likely (at all). However, if we were to have taken a poll "which of these top 10 QBs is most likely to become available (and you must pick 1)" Rivers would have been by far the most likely. Even if it was 5% max that he hit the market that is 5% more than the other 9 guys combined (with the possible exception of Peyton who is done IMO).

if you really wanted to derail it you could if you tried.

Says the guy who earlier in the thread said that he wouldn't trade EJ Manuel straight up for Phillip Rivers. Edited by Kirby Jackson