Starbucks Fans...Whadayathink of this new idea?

IDBillzFan

didn't say it was difficult, simply said i never took the time to really focus on them, sure i know venti and grande, honestly the 3rd name escapes me at this time but I know i know the word, just force of habit...small, medium large...went to starbucks the other day ordered a large bold...apparently they did away with the smooth, bold and decaf options, this one was just decaf and non-decaf(probably the pikes blend). I do agree with Beerball that it does have a hint of pretense, but that is Sarbucks in general, but that's ok...simply a comfort level thing. It was rough learning the proper way of ordering cheesesteaks here in philly....it is a very nerve wracking experience...very soup nazi like, but i seem to have adapted to that, but in my defense, i never had a cheesesteak comfort level, so it was a new experience for me. Wiz wit by the way

Your stupid!

And for Pooj, I cannot imagine learning 3 words, yes three words, is all that difficult, even for WNY public educated folks like us....and I don't believe you don't know what those 3 words are anyway! Cracks me up when I see guys order a "medium" coffee in a Starbucks and say it loud for everyone to hear ...like they a tough guy and Starbucks is for sissies.

And it is Year oh!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions for you refusing to use their lingo....why is that? I am a " nearest" guy when it comes to coffee...what ever place is nearest is the one I will get, be that 7-11, WAWA, something local....just not a small gas station with one small pot that was brewed an hour ago. But if I go to Starbucks, I order from their board. Coffee is coffee to me , nothing more, nothing less.

Because they're a friggin' Seattle company yet have chosen to size their beverages using Italian words. It's just dumb and pretentious.

No problem with Starpukes in WNY. There are only 12 in the area, with half near Amherst. Cheektowaga has at least a dozen Tim Horton's alone.No pretentious snobs there.

didn't say it was difficult, simply said i never took the time to really focus on them, sure i know venti and grande, honestly the 3rd name escapes me at this time but I know i know the word, just force of habit...small, medium large...went to starbucks the other day ordered a large bold...apparently they did away with the smooth, bold and decaf options, this one was just decaf and non-decaf(probably the pikes blend). I do agree with Beerball that it does have a hint of pretense, but that is Sarbucks in general, but that's ok...simply a comfort level thing. It was rough learning the proper way of ordering cheesesteaks here in philly....it is a very nerve wracking experience...very soup nazi like, but i seem to have adapted to that, but in my defense, i never had a cheesesteak comfort level, so it was a new experience for me. Wiz wit by the way

Just busting Pooj...BTW, thought it was wit wit...and hate those subs anyway.

Because they're a friggin' Seattle company yet have chosen to size their beverages using Italian words. It's just dumb and pretentious.

But...they have sold a chit ton of coffee and make a lot of money....

I went there once and ordered a coffee. They asked me what kind of coffee. I told them with sugar. They still had no clue. When we finally realized I just wanted plain coffee, they said I had to wait. Walked out.

not buying this..

oh my.....you NEVER call a cheesesteak a sub...that is like ordering bleu cheese with your wings in Buffalo, it's punishable by death...and wiz wit means you want cheese wiz and with onions...normally i am against cheese wiz, but on cheesesteaks it works somehow

Just busting Pooj...BTW, thought it was wit wit...and hate those subs anyway.

But...they have sold a chit ton of coffee and make a lot of money....

not buying this..

oh my.....you NEVER call a cheesesteak a sub...that is like ordering bleu cheese with your wings in Buffalo, it's punishable by death...and wiz wit means you want cheese wiz and with onions...normally i am against cheese wiz, but on cheesesteaks it works somehow

and you call Starbucks pretentious :lol: . If you all can make a stand against Tall, Grande and Venti...I can make a stand against "cheesesteak".And no, the cheezewiz stills blows...like LaNova pizza...., have no friggen clue why people like that stuff outside of tradition.

Edited by plenzmd1

no really...i would love to see the reaction if you tried to order a sub any of the cheesesteak joints here, cheesesteak is it's own category, subs are subs, grinders are grinders, hoagies are hoagies, although you can get a cheesesteak hoagie, a roast pork is a roast pork. I can just picture someone walking into a place in south philly and ordering a sub.....i honestly think it would be like sharks to blood....and trust me, i resisted the wiz for a long time. finally had one and realized it was edible....i still order mine provolone, wit

and you call Starbucks pretentious :lol: . If you all can make a stand against Tall, Grande and Venti...I can make a stand against "cheesesteak".And no, the cheezewiz stills blows...like LaNova pizza...., have no friggen clue why people like that stuff outside of tradition.

no really...i would love to see the reaction if you tried to order a sub any of the cheesesteak joints here, cheesesteak is it's own category, subs are subs, grinders are grinders, hoagies are hoagies, although you can get a cheesesteak hoagie, a roast pork is a roast pork. I can just picture someone walking into a place in south philly and ordering a sub.....i honestly think it would be like sharks to blood....and trust me, i resisted the wiz for a long time. finally had one and realized it was edible....i still order mine provolone, wit

Sounds like someone going to Duff's or Anchor Bar and ordering Buffalo Wings. Well maybe not there, because those are the main tourist places. But somewhere more local.

Edited by The Real Buffalo Joe

Just like you guys order small and medium at Starbucks, i have ordered a steak SUB with Cheese wiz and onions once, ,and provolone and onions once !!!

its a steak sub fro christ sakes...just like its medium and not a grande :nana:

Edited by plenzmd1

Here's a quick question... I am not sure if it was answered ever (here/whereever).

In English it is said: "small/medium/large coffee." If I am not mistaken, isn't the adjective AFTER, not BEFORE the noun in the romance languages? So why is it: "venti latte", NOT "latte venti?" Venti being 24oz. or roughly the equivalant of a medium to large serving. I say: "One latte venti please (when ordering for my wife or others)." They always call back: "Venti latte." LoL... I am not changing, I think it should be "latte venti (tall (12)/grande (16) /trenta (31))".

Oh wait, I just Googled it. Venti is actually a tradmarked noun? Huh? I am confused, I also get that it means "20" in Italian.

Somebody help me clarify all this! Or should I just order my family to go to 7/11 or Timmy Ho's! No confusion w/their coffee (which my 80 year old father seems to love, is crack cocaine in it?). No problems ordering a Slurpee @ 7/11. Yet, the Timmy Place does have issue w/ordering "Long John" donuts... Trying doing that one time, they will scold you: "We aren't that other (D&D) place!"

Are we just doomed to pretentious service! :-/ :-(