Replacing a BUS STATION: $10,000,000,000

I haven't seen any maps of project, but I've been over the TZ many times and it looks like the new span has nowhere to go on the eastern side when it finally lands there. There seems to be a lot of buildings and homes/apartments that are way close to the current span's footprint there.

I can imagine what that kind of slow down that will cause, and the GWB to 95 & Cross Bronx Expressway... fugghettabouddit! That's cursed as it is. Wait till it gets the traffic surge from people avoiding the TZ slow-down.

Note to self: Don't plan on going to CT or the Cape in 2017-2018.

This is a good overview

Again, if everything goes to plan it shouldn't be that bad. The new span will carry six lanes, and once that opens it will share the east west traffic until the second span is built. I think they'll still manage 4 lanes of rush hour traffic, but it will be a bit of a bear for that one year.

Also looks like they will connect the new span at the current landing point, so another possible bottle neck.

This is a good overview

Again, if everything goes to plan it shouldn't be that bad. The new span will carry six lanes, and once that opens it will share the east west traffic until the second span is built. I think they'll still manage 4 lanes of rush hour traffic, but it will be a bit of a bear for that one year.

Also looks like they will connect the new span at the current landing point, so another possible bottle neck.

Don't believe anything you read or hear. They just replaced the eastern span of the Bay Bridge a year and a half ago. They estimated it would take 5 years. It took 11. They estimated the cost at $1.5bill. It was $6.5bill.

Don't believe anything you read or hear. They just replaced the eastern span of the Bay Bridge a year and a half ago. They estimated it would take 5 years. It took 11. They estimated the cost at $1.5bill. It was $6.5bill.

Oh trust me, I'm not holding out hope that the Thruway Authority is going to get it done on time and under budget.