The Wilhelm scream

Beerball

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't Spielberg and Lucas the two main perpetrators of squeezing the WS into movies?

They (or their sound editors) have used it a lot, absolutely. They probably were most responsible for the cultish use of it today but it predates both of them by a bit. Compared to some of the things on TV and in the cinemas now, they're quite restrained in their usage.

They (or their sound editors) have used it a lot, absolutely. They probably were most responsible for the cultish use of it today but it predates both of them by a bit. Compared to some of the things on TV and in the cinemas now, they're quite restrained in their usage.

But they're kinda the ones who made it a "thing." Right?f

Obviously it's older than them, but they picked it up and ran with it.

But they're kinda the ones who made it a "thing." Right?f

Obviously it's older than them, but they picked it up and ran with it.

Certainly, them or their editors. Their movies made it cultishly cool and is probably why it's so overdone now. But they had the integrity to use it once per film, nowadays it's once per action sequence.

Certainly, them or their editors. Their movies made it cultishly cool and is probably why it's so overdone now. But they had the integrity to use it once per film, nowadays it's once per action sequence.

Yeah, too much of a good thing.

I have similar thoughts about the sudden deitification of bacon.

• 2 weeks later...