Anheuser Busch, "Honoring Our Troops"

JarHeadJim

the messege was, of course, classy and admirable. However, I find the capitalistic motivation behind the ad disturbing. To me, it came off as Amheiser-Baush wanting to cash in a profit from the soldiers' sacrifices. Just my opinion.

231526[/snapback]

The weekend of the SuperBowl, Amheiser-Baush also threw a large SuperBowl weekend party for servicemen and women, and all their families at a base here in North Carolina.

And they were also all give free passes to all of the theme parks Amheiser-Baush owns.

You didn't see that part in the commercial.

I wonder what the smelly hippies from Ben and Jerrys are doing for the troops?

If anyone else noticed, there was no indication that they were American soldiers -- no name plates above the chest pocket, no flags, stripes, or anything else on their sleeves. Why? I think they just wanted the play in any country that had sent troops. :blink::P Talk about a capitalistic move :P

But still a very classy ad. The military deserves so much appreciation.

They can give the troops free beer.

231538[/snapback]

Didn't they do that in Vietnam? How 'bout smokes in the WW's (started in the trenches of WWI)? Anyway you look at it, you got paying customers with a habit on returning home!

To AB's credit they did do it kind of classy with just the logo at the very, very end. At first, I thought it was gonna be an American Airlines ad?

Then move to Russia. 

231581[/snapback]

Cuba is more likely.

Russia will sell any openly vertical space for an ad. I'm surprised that the mail order brides don't have Yukos tattooted on their boobs these days.