Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Bills ever sign Charles Clay?

• Yes
    • No
    • They will actually sign Clay Charles and he's a baller
    • Perhaps. I need to ask Pat Moran.
  2. 2. When will they sign him?

• 5 days from today
    • 5 days from tomorrow
    • When he is a FA again in 2019
    • NEVER. Big Sammy will start at TE and we will like it.
    • 5 days from "soon"

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's minimum, pending any offer sheet for Clay.

And of course they are gonna say that they are OK with it for Lazor's offense. Only one other team has ever committed more to their TEs. And if Miami wants to think Clay and Jordan are Gronk and Hernandez, I say let's sit back and enjoy that show.

GO BILLS!!!

maybe they anticipate only one being healthy at any given time. And until Tannehill can push the ball down the field he will dunk and dunk to the TE all day so they are probably pretty nervous about leaving that in the hands of Dion Sims.

maybe they anticipate only one being healthy at any given time. And until Tannehill can push the ball down the field he will dunk and dunk to the TE all day so they are probably pretty nervous about leaving that in the hands of Dion Sims.

Given their respective histories, especially Jordan's, it's fair to think one of them will be on the shelf at any given time. All I know it's a lot easier to match up against these two than it is Gronk/Hernandez, who they are being paid like.

GO BILLS!!!

Browner signed with NO but yea I agree we are going to miss out on others waiting for Clay.

This is not entirely directed at you but who are we missing out on? They had Harvin in for a visit and signed him while talking to Clay. I don't see too many players out there at the moment.

edit: Never mind

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479066/article/vince-wilfork-ridley-lead-remaining-free-agents

Edited by nucci

This is not entirely directed at you but who are we missing out on? They had Harvin in for a visit and signed him while talking to Clay. I don't see too many players out there at the moment.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000479066/article/vince-wilfork-ridley-lead-remaining-free-agents

Wisiniewski Blalock are decent guards still out there. Also spikes, is still out there I think we are waiting for Clay's contract to see how much cap room we have left. Not a lot out there you are right but there are still players we can grab out there.

I'd kick the tires on Tillman. I think Wisniewski is asking for too much, but he did OK at G his first couple years, iirc. He might be worth a looksee.

GO BILLS!!!

NFL Draft Diamonds ‏@DraftDiamonds 3h3 hours ago
So I just spoke with an agent who has nothing to do with the Charles Clay situation and asked him what he thought was going on
He said he's willing to bet that when the Bills cut Scott Chandler they were going to sign Clay to that offer sheet
He said that he feels the agent is trying to gauge the price of what the Dolphins will do long term
Then the Mike Wallace trade happened, which gave the Dolphins a lot more caproom

So what the agent is probably trying to do now is gauge the interest of the dolphins to see which one makes best sense

So I just spoke with an agent who has nothing to do with the Charles Clay situation and asked him what he thought was going on
He said he's willing to bet that when the Bills cut Scott Chandler they were going to sign Clay to that offer sheet
He said that he feels the agent is trying to gauge the price of what the Dolphins will do long term
Then the Mike Wallace trade happened, which gave the Dolphins a lot more caproom

So what the agent is probably trying to do now is gauge the interest of the dolphins to see which one makes best sense

So 2 teams are negotiating with a free agent?

The thing I don't get is, if Clay stays with Miami, who's the #1 TE? Him, or Cameron? Is it obvious at this point that he would be #1 over Cameron?

Whereas in Buffalo, he would clearly be the #1 TE. That has to be attractive.

That makes me think this is all about Miami and the guy's agent trying to drive up our price as much as possible. Sounds like Bills are being quite patient with it.

Of course I'd like to see this resolve, but I'm not in any hurry. I think this is one of the most fascinating games of chicken I've ever seen in an off-season, in an off-season already filled with pretty surprising events.

Edited by Rubes

I know its not logical to think this -- but Clay got jetted to Buffalo; he had personal time with the Pegulas on the plane, he had two days of meetings with the offensive staff...it might be possible that he has told his agent to work this process so that he can go to Buffalo... the agent might be the go between for the two teams trying to negotiate a way the Dolphins won't match....this could be a lot of things--draft picks, another player, who knows...That is one reason why I could understand the slowness of the process. Its a game of chicken...

Isn't this a no-brainer for clay? Get an offer from the bills and see if the Dolphins will give him something better? That's what I would do.

The thing I don't get is, if Clay stays with Miami, who's the #1 TE? Him, or Cameron? Is it obvious at this point that he would be #1 over Cameron?

Whereas in Buffalo, he would clearly be the #1 TE. That has to be attractive.

That makes me think this is all about Miami and the guy's agent trying to drive up our price as much as possible. Sounds like Bills are being quite patient with it.

Of course I'd like to see this resolve, but I'm not in any hurry. I think this is one of the most fascinating games of chicken I've ever seen in an off-season, in an off-season already filled with pretty surprising events.

It could very well turn out to be the case. I agree with you though, this has been fascinating to watch. :beer:

Isn't this a no-brainer for clay? Get an offer from the bills and see if the Dolphins will give him something better? That's what I would do.

But the Bills haven't given him an offer. That's the interesting part.