A lot of firepower. Which QB will make the most of it?

BmarvB

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ is gonna leave Cassel in the dust at OTAs, mini-camp, camp, and pre-season games. It's a race to see who's runnerup and I'm not counting out Taylor.

GO BILLS!!!

If this is true, I hope it will be because EJ has improved enormously, and not that Cassel stinks on ice.

With all the wheeling and dealing for offensive help, it's still going to come down to the QB. Can EJ develop into a capable QB to get us to the playoffs with a better coaching staff in place? Will Cassel be the steady veteran backup to help him along, or will he have to get under center and take us to the playoffs? Will Taylor beat out Tuel for the #3 spot?, Does Tuel even have a chance of making the roster now?

What do you think?

I think EJ goes into the preseason looking good but fades when the shorts come off and Cassel winds up starting, but that's just my random thoughts. Can't justify it.

What about a trips set with Watkins Harvin and Felton... hear me out. Felton blocks for the WR screen with Sammy as the deep option. Imagine a pump fake to Harvin, then send it to Sammy down the hashes with single coverage, possibly wide open if both DBs (and a safety) bite on the pump fake.

DREAM BIG...

Edited by PortlandiaEast

EJ is gonna leave Cassel in the dust at OTAs, mini-camp, camp, and pre-season games. It's a race to see who's runnerup and I'm not counting out Taylor.

GO BILLS!!!

:beer:

I'm supposing that the brass wants Tyrod and EJ to battle it out, and have a true number one emerge in camp and preseason. Cassel is the safety net who will win the role by default if neither Tyrod nor EJ demonstrate that they can be "the guy".

Can't argue that logic. :beer:

With a heavy dose of the run, EJ should be able to manage the game effectively enough to lead us to a 10 win season. But if he has to throw 40+ times in a game, we might have a problem if he's not ready to carry that kind of load.

I still like his chances of starting week 1 though.

The success of any of these QBs is going to be predicated on whether the offense can run the ball effectively. We need another OLman and a couple of good TEs. Those TEs are important too because they will be in motion and making defenses guess whether they will block or catch.

i am really hoping that ej wins the job and plays well. i think he is a great kid with a lot of physical talent, i just really want to see him "let it loose", whatever that means. i guess i would like to see him try to make plays and play with a bit of fire rather than trying to "play it safe". i guess i just want a definitive answer on him one way or the other, but i am absolutely hoping he is our man.

I hope it's EJ.

I think it will be Cassel.

I will cry if it's Tyrod.

I will cry harder if it's a QB taken at pick 50.

Why would you cry that a QB we drafted at 50 beat out 3 NFL veterans to win the starting job? That would lead me to believe they'd have found their guy finally. This would be the best case scenario.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

i am really hoping that ej wins the job and plays well. i think he is a great kid with a lot of physical talent, i just really want to see him "let it loose", whatever that means. i guess i would like to see him try to make plays and play with a bit of fire rather than trying to "play it safe". i guess i just want a definitive answer on him one way or the other, but i am absolutely hoping he is our man.

That means he isn't afraid to screw the pooch and when he does, he isn't afraid to screw the pooch again. I have a hunch Marrone was constantly in his ear about "no negative plays, no negative plays" and he was gripping the ball too tight as a result. He had NO confidence left after the Houston game.

GO BILLS!!!

I love that Cassel is considered the "safe choice" when his last 4 years, he has thrown more ints than tds.

There is no upside in stating Cassel. None.

Ahh we got ourselves a Cassel "hater." I think you're failing to understand that while Manuel's upside may in fact be higher than Cassel's (I'd certainly agree with that), his downside may in fact be worse than what you're going to get out of Cassel. In fact, he has yet to show that he is capable of playing at a level that Cassel has played at in this very league. Let's just all let it play out. But if Manuel completely blows again in camp and the preseason and everyone in the world is saying that Cassel looks better, then what? Because that is an extremely possible if not likely scenario.

Ahh we got ourselves a Cassel "hater." I think you're failing to understand that while Manuel's upside may in fact be higher than Cassel's (I'd certainly agree with that), his downside may in fact be worse than what you're going to get out of Cassel. In fact, he has yet to show that he is capable of playing at a level that Cassel has played at in this very league. Let's just all let it play out. But if Manuel completely blows again in camp and the preseason and everyone in the world is saying that Cassel looks better, then what? Because that is an extremely possible if not likely scenario.

We can look forward to another season of those asserting that EJ hasn't had enough time.

I'm very excited to see the competition between Manuel and Taylor because I think the Bills starting QB battle is between those two players.

Cassell is "break in case of emergency" veteran QB IMO. He'll be a good presence/mentor to have around the young QBs.