Univision Host Fired For Michelle O Comments

Dante

For the little it's worth to you, from my perspective, there's very little difference between your being agnostic or your being an atheist.

It's kind of like a child who is sure Santa doesn't exist, but doesn't want to admit it out loud just to cover his bases for Christmas morning.

When the time comes, He'll either know you, or He won't.

It's actually exactly nothing like that, but I wouldn't expect a black-and-white deep thinker such as yourself to appreciate subtly, so kudos to you for once again confirming my view of your thought processes. Either way, I'm not interested in getting into a debate about it with you. Thanks for the input.

For the little it's worth to you, from my perspective, there's very little difference between your being agnostic or your being an atheist.

It's kind of like a child who is sure Santa doesn't exist, but doesn't want to admit it out loud just to cover his bases for Christmas morning.

When the time comes, He'll either know you, or He won't.

Most agnostics are athiests trying to hedge their bets...but a true agnostic simply admits they don't and can't conclusively know God.

Gene...he's just an !@#$.

Most agnostics are athiests trying to hedge their bets...but a true agnostic simply admits they don't and can't conclusively know God.

Yep. I should have known better than to think Gene was going to understand what I was trying to say, but I was short on charitable work this week and thought I'd give it a swing

He has sent out a letter stating that he was misunderstood and that he was talking about an actor who had been made up to look like Michelle ( I have no reason why)

The comment in question came during a segment where the hosts were talking about a male make-up artist who “transformed” himself into a likeness of Michelle Obama. Here’s a photo of the fake Michelle Obama via TMZ: ( Pictures at the link)

Figueroa has since posted an open letter to Mrs. Obama apologizing and explaining that he was actually referring to the guy in makeup as one of the cast members on “Planet of the Apes” and not the first lady:

I
offer my sincere apology for an unfortunate comment I made about a make-up artist’s depiction of you on Univision’s show “El Gordo y La Flaca” yesterday. It was clearly in bad taste and misunderstood.

I would like to explain that my remark was not directed at you, but at the result of an artist’s depiction of you that I found wasn’t accurate. The entire video clip in context corroborates this.

True? He does say “…that Michelle Obama…” during the segment which sounds like he could be talking about the guy in makeup and not FLOTUS (emphasis ours):

FIGUEROA
:
The
y say he applies makeup everywhere. Now, look at the transformation into Michelle Obama. This is truly impressive. Look at this: You know
that Michelle Obama
looks like she’s part of the cast of the movie Planet of the Apes. This is a difficult transformation. It’s true.

But here’s the real kicker in all of this: Figueroa is gay, voted for Obama twice and is from what he calls a “multi-racial” family:

I come from a multi-racial Hispanic family, with relatives, like my own father, who are Afro-Latino. I am the first openly gay Hispanic TV host and I’ve been a minority activist throughout my career, championing a number of causes geared towards supporting minorities; people who, like me, have been the focus of discrimination. Moreover, I openly voted twice for your husband Barack Obama, because I esteem him as a great man who has done a great deal for minorities in this country.

Liberals have run out of targets on the right so now they’re destroying their own advocates because of jokes?

Looks like it.

Edited by B-Man

That's fairly mild compared to some of the stuff I've heard if he runs with a certain faction then I'm sure he thought he was pulling his punches.

What might that "certain faction" be? Have some balls and say whats on your mind.