Grubbs traded to KC

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And I have been hoping against hope that you are wrong. But my odds not looking too good

Unfortunately I'm fairly in the loop living in NOLA. I will say this though people are not too happy that he hasn't restructured to help the team.

8 mil for Iupati isn't looking so bad right now.

They only save 3.8 mil with this move. Not enough to sign Browner and Spiller, who will cost about 9 or 10 mil in total.

True but I don't think that they wll solve it by jettisoning BOTH starting guards. It has always kind of been an either or situation. I hope that I'm wrong.

booooo

They added a talented RB, a replacement level QB, and a very good FB and are striking out on positions of need like G and TE, which will likely be filled through the draft with guys we overdraft because we must have them.

Yeah, I'd say we we've been having a version of this offseason for that past 10 years.

I don't think Grubs would have been worth it but its just that without another option at guard it makes the second round pick more and more penciled in for a guard. I was hoping that the team could sign a guard and Clay to deals to that we are much more flexible in what we can do in the draft as opposed to drafting out of need.

Ah, so the draft is sufficient for you?

There's the draft and the old standby method of getting a good vet as a 1-2 yr stop gap. There are plenty of guys like that still left. Note that not a single OL moved in FA after Boling signed.

Unfortunately I'm fairly in the loop living in NOLA. I will say this though people are not too happy that he hasn't restructured to help the team.

True but I don't think that they wll solve it by jettisoning BOTH starting guards. It has always kind of been an either or situation. I hope that I'm wrong.

Just saying it doesn't save them huge money. Cutting/trading Evans saves something like $6 mil.

They really don't have many other plays to try to save cap space. All their other big contracts don't really net them a savings.

You'd have to think Brees isn't too happy what's happening though

There's the draft and the old standby method of getting a good vet as a 1-2 yr stop gap. There are plenty of guys like that still left. Note that not a single OL moved in FA after Boling signed.

There's also veteran cuts coming during camp. Plenty of opportunities left to add talent to the roster, not just scrubs either.

Just saying it doesn't save them huge money. Cutting/trading Evans saves something like $6 mil.

They really don't have many other plays to try to save cap space. All their other big contracts don't really net them a savings.

You'd have to think Brees isn't too happy what's happening though

A lot of the fans are blaming him for it. His crown as the King of New Orleans is a little tarnished.

I'm envious of KC in this one...really hoping there's something in store here from Whaley.

So far, we haven't addressed OG, TE, or QB with any solidity.

I'm sure they have a plan...I would just like to know what it is...

Attempting to address TE (I think te release of Chandler bodes well), addressed QB about as best they can.... Guard has yet to be seen....

Still can grab a decent G and LB in the 2nd and 3rd round with our picks....

It would be great to address all of our needs in FA and draft BPA, but rarely happens

Ok, name an available TE who Whaley should be pursuing with all abandon? Same for a G.

It's more than semantics. Not to address means not to try, rather than fail in the attempt.

Jordan Cameron.

wisniewski, former raider, could play G or bump Wood to G. That is a last resort option

This is mainly moot though, as I would have came out swinging for both Boling and James Carpenter when they were still available. Both are good, boling better, Carpenter underrated. I would have inked one depending on contract. Carpenter went to the Jets, so I dont think he would have thumbed his nose at Buffalo.

His 33 mil cap number is a problem. They have to be thinking about the possibility of trading him.

I don't think so. He is an icon here (bigger than Kelly in Buffalo). With that being said, he probably should have restructured to ensure guys like Grubbs and Graham could stay. He hasn't been too open to it though.

Jordan Cameron.

wisniewski, former raider, could play G or bump Wood to G. That is a last resort option

Both of them are still unsigned. Wonder why?

This is mainly moot though, as I would have came out swinging for both Boling and James Carpenter when they were still available. Both are good, boling better, Carpenter underrated. I would have inked one depending on contract. Carpenter went to the Jets, so I dont think he would have thumbed his nose at Buffalo

There are better Gs still on the board

But it's not like he is taking a pay cut? Just getting money dispersed differently. Maybe he has money problems.

There are some skeletons in his closet but I don't think that is it. I think that he honestly believes that it isn't his fault that the team signed him to these terms.

I don't think so. He is an icon here (bigger than Kelly in Buffalo). With that being said, he probably should have restructured to ensure guys like Grubbs and Graham could stay. He hasn't been too open to it though.

Maybe Joe D just needs to go down there and kick his ass.

GO BILLS!!!