Grubbs traded to KC

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good player still.

I'm envious of KC in this one...really hoping there's something in store here from Whaley.

So far, we haven't addressed OG, TE, or QB with any solidity.

I'm sure they have a plan...I would just like to know what it is...

This certainly shaping up to be just like all the other Bills offseasons.

I'm envious of KC in this one...really hoping there's something in store here from Whaley.

I wish people would use a better word than "addressed."

Whaley has been addressing all of those, just hasn't closed the deal yet.

I've said that they would release everyone before Brees. So far I look right.

yep just like I have been saying.

You guys didn't want Whaley to sign a guard for big money... But trading for a 31 year old with a huge cap hit is what you wanted? Also he had a garbage season last year. Edited by Beef Jerky

In which year of Whaley's tenure does he plan to close the deal on a capable lineman and/or tight end? At some point he needs to get it done. I agree we need to reserve judgment until the final roster is set, but I think it's fair to be concerned about whether they're adequately prioritizing the various roster positions. IMO the three biggest offseason needs are QB, OG and TE. They've arguably addressed the QB spot which in any event is the toughest position to fix. They have not yet "closed" on the other two and the options are drying up. Clock is ticking.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

In which year of Whaley's does he plan to close the deal on a capable lineman and/or tight end? At some point he needs to get it done. I agree we need to reserve judgment until the final roster is set, but I think it's fair to be concerned about whether they're adequately prioritizing the various roster positions. IMO the three biggest offseason needs are QB, OG and TE. They've arguably addressed the QB spot which in any event is the toughest position to fix. They have not yet "closed" on the other two and the options are drying up. Clock is ticking.

Remain calm! All is well!

Very good player still.

This certainly shaping up to be just like all the other Bills offseasons.

Actually, they've done well the last 2 seasons; just would prefer to see them address at least one of those holes before the draft.

Really, semantics? Come on...

You guys didn't want Whaley to sign a guard for big money... But trading for a 31 year old with a huge cap hit is what you wanted? Also he had a garbage season last year.

Cap hit can be remedied by signing to an extension. I'm sure Grubbs would've taken more guaranteed money to cut his cap hit in half.

In which year of Whaley's tenure does he plan to close the deal on a capable lineman and/or tight end? At some point he needs to get it done. I agree we need to reserve judgment until the final roster is set, but I think it's fair to be concerned about whether they're adequately prioritizing the various roster positions. IMO the three biggest offseason needs are QB, OG and TE. They've arguably addressed the QB spot which in any event is the toughest position to fix. They have not yet "closed" on the other two and the options are drying up. Clock is ticking.

Ok, name an available TE who Whaley should be pursuing with all abandon? Same for a G.

Really, semantics? Come on...

It's more than semantics. Not to address means not to try, rather than fail in the attempt.

Ok, name an available TE who Whaley should be pursuing with all abandon? Same for a G.

It's more than semantics. Not to address means not to try, rather than fail in the attempt.

How do you feel about participation trophies?

You guys didn't want Whaley to sign a guard for big money... But trading for a 31 year old with a huge cap hit is what you wanted? Also he had a garbage season last year.

Not only garbage last season, but hasn't been to pro bowl since 2012.

Evans has been to last six pro bowls and was first team 4 years in a row.

Free agent period is early. Evans is still in play.

Edited by dezertbill