Freeney not being re-signed

Virgil

Might be a good 3rd and long rush/blitz but didn't see much of him in San diego and I know he got hurt

^ This

He's what I want in a 3rd pass rusher...just a guy that can pressure the QB and give me 20 snaps/game when Mario/Hughes need a spell.

Imagine when you play a team like NE* who gets 70+ offensive plays/game, and 40 of them are passes. You need a guy that can take half of those passing plays because Mario and Hughes play so many snaps.

it was interesting reading the piece about him in the game against us... cnnsi maybe?

if we had some young guys and he could be a situational player/mentor i would think it made sense. as is, probably not. not that he wouldnt have a role, simply that he will be a better fit for someone else.

edit: link: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/09/25/san-diego-chargers-dwight-freeney-film-study/ and correction, not about us, was released just before the game against us i think. long but one of the best i read last season. well worth the time if you want to learn about the prep and technique of all pro pass rushers.

Edited by NoSaint