Tyrod Taylor visiting the Bills--edit signed per Rex

he should have. But Bellyache works in mysterious ways

because their bashing "bothers" whom they call EJ "Fan Boys" they will keep at it

it's the Introllnet. people hiding behind keyboards

i dunno.. i think it's just fans of Taylor who liked what they saw - and think his game could finally translate to the pros.. so does Rex and Roman, to some degree.. i don't.. but i'm just a fan

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dunno.. i think it's just fans of Taylor who liked what they saw - and think his game could finally translate to the pros.. so does Rex and Roman, to some degree.. i don't.. but i'm just a fan

all too often there are over-reactions here.

If you don't instantly praise someone you are a hater.

If you don't say EJ is a loser you are a fan boy

My assumptions are based on the Investment Whaley put into EJ and DW's looking to see IF he can get a positive ROI.

If not let Meh [i kid.. its all done in fun] and Tyrod do their best, although I think Tyrod was brought in to replace Tuel.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

all too often there are over-reactions here.

If you don't instantly praise someone you are a hater.

If you don't say EJ is a loser you are a fan boy

My assumptions are based on the Investment Whaley put into EJ and DW's looking to see IF he can get a positive ROI.

If not let Meh [i kid.. its all done in fun] and Tyrod do their best, although I think Tyrod was brought in to replace Tuel.

yep, rather than keep a backup to Cassel, they picked up a backup to EJ

I hope whoever looks the best in camp and preseason gets the nod. I sincerely hope one of the younger guys wows and shows an ability to be our long term starter. In order, here is how I hope that the competition goes.

1. EJ

2. Tyrod

3. Meh

Let's just win. Go Bills!

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

I hope whoever looks the best in camp and preseason gets the nod. I sincerely hope one of the younger guys wows and shows an ability to be our long term starter. In order, here is how I hope that the competition goes.

1. EJ

2. Tyrod

3. Meh

Let's just win. Go Bills!

I couldn't care less who wins the competition so long as someone does and they look good doing it resulting in wins during the regular season and an end to the drought. Again, could be anybody as far as I'm concerned.

EJ is only 8 months younger than Tyrod.

I'm okay with placing hope in Tyrod as the young developing QB in place of EJ.

So the young developing QB EJ gets two years? The purpose of having and investing in a developing QB is to develop them for a few years and then see what you have.

I think Manuel stays on the team regardless because even if he doesn't win the job he is still an unknown asset that has the potential to pay off huge dividends for the team or in a trade. There's the chance that Tyrod Taylor wins the starting job, plays great, gets hurt and then Manuel comes in to start and he plays great. That asset just turned into a potential 2016 first round pick traded to a desperate team looking for a starting QB.

I'm a Manuel supporter, but I hope that either he or Taylor knocks it out of the park in training camp. I honestly don't care who, just one of those two guys. Cassell winning the job would really be a bummer because he is a known bottom 5 starting QB in the NFL. If Manuel ever did get cut then I couldn't even be upset because Roman is a real NFL coach (unlike Marrone) who knows his stuff and Manuel would have had to have been deemed a hugely flawed player who simply could never be corrected with proper coaching. I think that's a long shot scenario though.

A bit surprised no one mentioned the name Brad Smith in this thread. To me it's not a coincidence Rex always had an eye out for Taylor once he lost Brad.

Good point GG. And David Lee is our QB coach again.

I suggested essentially this in the Shoutbox and got dissed but that was the first thing that crossed my mind, is this guy coming in to be another gadget player like a Brad Smith?

After looking at his college stats and such, I'm kind of leaning "no, they really do think he has potential as at least the backup QB". I don't think the Ravens were keeping a Brad Smith equivalent to back up Flacco for 4 years.

The thing that struck me about his college stats was the steady pattern of improvement through all 4 years. Some people can learn and improve and some can't. What's he been doing for the last 4 years is the unanswered question.

I suggested essentially this in the Shoutbox and got dissed but that was the first thing that crossed my mind, is this guy coming in to be another gadget player like a Brad Smith?

After looking at his college stats and such, I'm kind of leaning "no, they really do think he has potential as at least the backup QB". I don't think the Ravens were keeping a Brad Smith equivalent to back up Flacco for 4 years.

The thing that struck me about his college stats was the steady pattern of improvement through all 4 years. Some people can learn and improve and some can't. What's he been doing for the last 4 years is the unanswered question.

It could be a difference in coaching philosophies. I don't think it's a coincidence that Rex tried to get Taylor after he lost Smith.

@mikerodak: Im told Tyrod Taylor turned down more from Broncos to sign w/ Bills. Its a 3-year deal that voids to 2 years if he emerges as starter.

I know it's all about our QB situation - but how often do you hear someone turn down more money from the Denver Broncos to join the Bills? :D

I don't know how it'll turn out but I love the fact that the kid wants a chance to be a starter and is willing to risk making less by betting on himself.

Not sure if already posted.

@TCBILLS_Astro: Enjoyed watching this highlights video of #Bills QBs EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor dueling in the ACC Championship https://t.co/oCI9UeiqGW

I like how this "highlights video of #Bills QBs EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor dueling" shows 0 positive plays for Tyrod and the Hokies, and yet every time FSU got the ball back VT had more points on the board...

FWIW in that game here are full stats for the QB's:

EJ Manuel: 23/31 for 288 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, QBR 55.0, 11 Carries for 9 Yards

Tyrod Taylor: 18/28 for 263 Yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, QBR 92.5, 11 Carries for 24 Yards and a TD

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

I like how this "highlights video of #Bills QBs EJ Manuel and Tyrod Taylor dueling" shows 0 positive plays for Tyrod and the Hokies, and yet every time FSU got the ball back VT had more points on the board...

FWIW in that game here are full stats for the QB's:

EJ Manuel: 23/31 for 288 Yards, 1 TD, 2 INT, QBR 55.0, 11 Carries for 9 Yards

Tyrod Taylor: 18/28 for 263 Yards, 3 TD, 0 INT, QBR 92.5, 11 Carries for 24 Yards and a TD

I understand that its a small sample, but Manuel looked good in that video. He looked like a bird flying around and having fun. Seemed very comfortable on rollouts.

So Marrone in his infinite wisdom no doubt clipped his wings, kept him pinned in the pocket and told him not to ever make a mistake. What a brilliant, fun and creative guy that Doug Marrone was when he was here.

I understand that its a small sample, but Manuel looked good in that video. He looked like a bird flying around and having fun. Seemed very comfortable on rollouts.

So Marrone in his infinite wisdom no doubt clipped his wings, kept him pinned in the pocket and told him not to ever make a mistake. What a brilliant, fun and creative guy that Doug Marrone was when he was here.

He certainly was not nearly as mechanical looking in college :)

I was just pointing out it was a FSU highlight video, not a dueling QB's highlight video

He certainly was not nearly as mechanical looking in college :)

I was just pointing out it was a FSU highlight video, not a dueling QB's highlight video

You just know on passing plays that Rex and Roman are going to let EJ out of the cage. That's going to be exciting to see. At least let him win or lose the job doing what he did best in college.