Are we we in store for a big splash in FA

JTown

Hey, it's the Internet, it's speculation, it's a bunch of nobodies playing some bodies, but it's not just one guy and it's interesting and it's at least possible.

The story is that the Rams are the leading candidate to get Foles out of Philly. If that's true, Bradford could be released or traded.

http://ramblinfan.com/2015/03/09/st-louis-rams-leading-contender-land-quarterback-nick-foles/

Could put Leroi's domino theory in play? Bills get the big QB deal and say bye to EJ?

Yes, please.

I'm with the other posters that believe we've already made a "big splash" but that doesn't mean we are done either. I think it's all about TE and OL at this point and if something were to happen with a QB that can't be predicted we'd be interested. No doubt the vision is clear - run the ball, play great defense, expect the QB that wins the job to take care of the ball and let the outstanding weapons we have on offense to make the plays. I think there's such a thing as letting Sammy and Shady dominate vs expecting the QB to do it.

Only problem with Clay is that it might take up to a week to know if we land him. If we swing and miss, we run the risk of losing out on the other top TE's who will likely sign elsewhere during the week. Here's hoping, assuming he's our guy, that we go after him hard and the fins just throw up the white flag quickly.

If we sign a Bulaga, I hope we don't stand pat at guard. Glenn and Wood were really the only two starters on the whole line last year. Add Incognito, another guard, and a tackle like Bulaga and I'll be thrilled (even if I think Bulaga is a bit overrated).

With it being 1 am on the east coast, let me be the first to wish everyone a merry Christmas. This is one of the days we Bills fans look forward to all year. This year, however, there's a different feel- one that isn't just blind optimism. This year, Pegula's ownership, has given us a reason for true enthusiasm. Hopefully we get a few shiny new toys to go with the ones we kept and have already assumed this offseason!

Cheers!

Edited by Jamie Nails

What.....signing a top 3 running back in the league and a guy that has 20 sacks in two years.......thats not enough for you? LOL

I dont know but I havent been this excited for free agency in some time

With it being 1 am on the east coast, let me be the first to wish everyone a merry Christmas. This is one of the days we Bills fans look forward to all year. This year, however, there's a different feel- one that isn't just blind optimism. This year, Pegula's ownership, has given us a reason for true enthusiasm. Hopefully we get a few shiny new toys to go with the ones we kept and have already assumed this offseason!

Cheers!

I know people that Buddy Nix was sleeping.....

I picture Doug Whaley somewhere in a gym working out by himself with his cell phone on speaker........with his pulse on everything RIGHT NOW

The way things are going, and with the new triumvirate of Rex, Whaley and El Petulante, I think that is a real possibility and we would be a very good team. Probably cannot win it all without a decent QB, which EJ or Cassel probably aren't. But we would be a playoff team without a lot of holes that would scare the crap out of other teams.

I'm really getting excited.

:thumbsup:

Only one name comes to mind when I think "big splash":

Chaz P. Reingold.

Or Gucci Onabagel

I want Bulaga and Wisnewski. Those are the two best oline available and Glenn - Wis - Wood - Incognito - Bulaga is the best line we could put together.

Lance Kendricks, Britt, Spikes, Ellis all seem like good bargin FA for other needs.

Edited by Chuck Wagon

What.....signing a top 3 running back in the league and a guy that has 20 sacks in two years.......thats not enough for you? LOL

I dont know but I havent been this excited for free agency in some time

I know people that Buddy Nix was sleeping.....

I picture Doug Whaley somewhere in a gym working out by himself with his cell phone on speaker........with his pulse on everything RIGHT NOW

Nix was with the other seniors eating at Bob Evans at 4 and then in bed by 7pm. No wonder he missed out on so many deals. Glad we finally have someone that is in touch with what is happening around the league and ballsy enough to make the big moves

Nix was with the other seniors eating at Bob Evans at 4 and then in bed by 7pm. No wonder he missed out on so many deals. Glad we finally have someone that is in touch with what is happening around the league and ballsy enough to make the big moves

Yeah that Mario Williams signing sucked ass.