[Please Change Title]PATRIOTS WILL NOT PICK UP $20M OPTION ON DAR

There is enough room to do it now. They'd be wise to try to trade McKelvin and his $5M (or whatever it is) cap hit though.

really the only alternative being call graham starting safety if they go this way. but mckelvin/graham cant be CB4.

Don't think we have enough. Spotrac shows us at $12.7 million left w/out Gay signing, which shouldn't be too much.

Throw in Iupati or Bulaga and that will shrink to about $5 mil. We would need another $8 mil in space. Cutting Williams, Urbak and restructuring Mario could do that.

We'll see

really the only alternative being call graham starting safety if they go this way. but mckelvin/graham cant be CB4.

Totally agree. I think that they can get a mid round pick for Leo and it would offset $5M of the Revis deal. They can slide Graham over to safety and Robey int the slot or play Graham in the slot and Duke at safety. There would be other times that all 6 of them are on the field. If you think back to Pettine and his "multiple" players it could work.

The Bills defense would be absolutely dominating (and deep).

Rex has capable corners and will hope Gilmore will develop into a poor mans version of Revis. With Hughes, McCoy, Cassel, and Incognito in the fold I don't think Revis will fit under the cap even if you don't make any more significant signings in free agency. Revis will likely command 15+ million a year and while I think he is worth it the math just doesn't make sense and would leave a lot of holes on the offense (Even if you draft a guard in round 2) and hamper the depth of the defense.

The Pats aren't picking up his option but they're still actively negotiating with him on a new deal. It's still likely he remains in New England.

If the Bills could make it work, though...