Your new plan - Post Hughes/Shady signings + other FA deals

Now that we know we have Hughes, and we know some guys are now unavailable and new ones are, like Revis, Browner, Cutler, etc, what is your new plan within reason for the Bills.

We have about 13m left in cap room. We can easily create more with cuts and restructures.

My plan is ambitious but I think doable.

We sign Bulaga, another starting OG like Lou Potty (or Blalock, Jahri Evans if cut, etc) AND make a massive offer to Charles Clay.

Restructure Mario and get 5-7m cap. We cut Williams and Urbik as OGs and save about 5m toward the 7-8m OG. We sign Bulaga to 8m per but maybe a 6 cap hit this year. We offer 8m per long term to Clay.

Now that we know we have Hughes, and we know some guys are now unavailable and new ones are, like Revis, Browner, Cutler, etc, what is your new plan within reason for the Bills.

We have about 13m left in cap room. We can easily create more with cuts and restructures.

We sign Bulaga, another starting OG like Lou Potty (or Blalock, Jahri Evans if cut, etc) AND make a massive offer to Charles Clay.

Restructure Mario and get 5-7m cap. We cut Williams and Urbik as OGs and save about 5m toward the 7-8m OG. We sign Bulaga to 8m per but maybe a 6 cap hit this year. We offer 8m per long term to Clay.

I'm all in on Revis. I'm trying to add him at 4 years and $52M and then going after a starting caliber OL. Obviously Lou Potty would be off the table but if you released Urbik & Williams it may be possible. I'd settle for the next tier down.

I think that AT LEAST 1 of the 3 rookies from last year is going to develop. They also may find another 1 in the draft.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

My plan remains the same:

- Sign a guard in FA (Boling, Iupati, etc.)

- Sign a 3rd pass rusher in FA (like, say, former UB Bull Trevor Scott)

- Make a bold move for a QB that can compete (either draft someone like Petty in round 2, or make a trade if you can)

- Bring in a TE (either FA or draft) that can start

My head hurts with all of this roster building stuff. I've been on vacation in Florida this week and I'm glued to the laptop beside the pool. Doh!

It's just another thing we'll have to get used to as Bills fans, I guess.... :D

I would spend a nice chunk of change on a guard 5-7 million don't go super crazy like 8.5 for Iupati but getting a good starting caliber guard would round out the O-line as I think Kujo or Henderson would be capable to handle the RT position and we can draft a backup interior linemen in the third for depth and be a fall back if Incognito flames out.

My other big move would be to go after Vince Wilfork maybe a deal in the 5-6 million range if that could get it done. If you want to build a bully having a very good NT with a mean streak will get that done. Imagine a front 5 of Hughes-Dareus-Wilfrok-Kyle-Mario that would be sick. If Wilfork is too pricey or doesn't want to come here then go after a tight end or a big redzone WR.

A couple of minor moves would be to sign a MLB similar to the role Spikes had and try to resign Searcy (If his price tag is reasonable) depth along the defense is key. With a second round pick I would go after a Tight end or a WR adding more weapons to the offense is always a good idea.

I think with Freddie (sadly), Urbik, and Williams all possible cuts does free up enough cap space to make these moves possible.

Here's my plan,

Bryan Bulaga, far better than any RT on this team.

Charles Clay, teamed with Chandler makes a good two TE set.

Keep Urbik, I think this offensive scheme better fits his abilities, and it fits Richardson's too...But then Draft Laken Tomlinson in the 2nd round, I think he will be the best interior player from this draft.

and a speedy slot like Tyler Lockett in the 3rd, who reminds me of TY Hilton.

Allow EJ to play!!

Let's get greedy...

* Ideally Iupati and Bulaga, why not???, but definitely at least two more "solid" offensive lineman.

* Consider cutting Williams, Pears, and Urbik

* Chase Revis, hopefully the Rex factor will prevail

* Secure Searcy if at all possible. Solid performer, known commodity, good fit.

* Just find one solid, nasty, fast, 3 down tackling machine/seasoned LB, then maybe one more in the Draft

* Get Easley and Wynn done...

* Add one more DT that gives us just a little more depth to keep our key guys fresh

* Please don't cut Fred. Leader, always gets/fights for the extra yard, sentimental get him one playoff!!!

Do this and I think we have a realistic shot at the playoffs with the quarterbacks we have on the roster now. No doubt OBD will use the draft to find a few more awesome pieces to the puzzle, but I sincerely billieve that there is a legitimate plan in place and that this year will be our first back in the playoffs! Go Bills!!!

Switch clay for Cameron and this would be ideal

It is pretty clear to me they are setting up the roster so they can go with Best Player Available in the draft, and not worry about position. Drafting for need (other than QB) is the worst thing you can do. See: Aaron Maybin, etc.

Clay, one of the better OGs, if there's a mid level swing OL available... then hopefully have some left over to carry into next year, and on to the draft we go.

A good LB if available, and a Safety in the draft, if we pick up a TE and a couple OL in FA.

Edited by Dorkington

It is pretty clear to me they are setting up the roster so they can go with Best Player Available in the draft, and not worry about position. Drafting for need (other than QB) is the worst thing you can do. See: Aaron Maybin, etc.

I totally agree and as of right now there is no burning "must fill" hole there for the draft.

My plan is:

- one of the best offensive guards in FA. My guy would be Boling but if it is Iupati or Blalock I'm good too.

- add a veteran receiver who is left over after the first round of FA is done on a short term deal

- add Clay

- ideally add a cheap veteran safety who has started (as insurance in case Duke and or Graham doesn't work out back there)

- Keep Jarius Wynn

Then draft the best player available in rounds 2 and 3.... see if you can find a way to get a Quarterback in 4 or 5 and pick BPA in 6 and 7.

Think that it is an appropriate time to bust this back out. At this point give me Clay, Harvin and Jahri Evans or Stefen Wisnieski. That would be a great FA period.

Totally agree. Said the exact same thing in another thread. I would be doing cartwheels with Clay, Harvin and a good OL.