Bush's budget

No.

231136[/snapback]

Gotta love the process:

1) President submits a mostly symbolic budget

2) Congress bastardizes budget in order to add ungodly pork

3) President signs budget

4) Congress blasts the President for signing the budget they sent to him to sign

...and the cycle continues...

Gotta love the process:

3) President signs budget

4) Congress blasts the President for signing the budget they sent to him to sign

231288[/snapback]

good summation, but you're missing a few steps

3a) President criticizes changes to budget

3b) President signs budget anyway

4b) President uses Congress' bastardized budget as an excuse when necessary

5a) Republicans in Congress blame Democrats for bastardizing budget, and use in fundraising to get themselves re-elected

5b) Democrats in Congress blame Republican President for signing the bastardized budget, and use in fundraising to get themselves re-elected

6) Democrats and Republicans in Congress' get re-elected

good summation, but you're missing a few steps

3a) President criticizes changes to budget

3b) President signs budget anyway

4b) President uses Congress' bastardized budget as an excuse when necessary

5a) Republicans in Congress blame Democrats for bastardizing budget, and use in fundraising to get themselves re-elected

5b) Democrats in Congress blame Republican President for signing the bastardized budget, and use in fundraising to get themselves re-elected

6) Democrats and Republicans in Congress' get re-elected

231308[/snapback]

Mine was the Cliff's Notes version. :blink:

On number six, you might want to reword it to:

6) Democrats and Republicans in Congress get re-elected because the voters do not hold their representatives accountable for their actions.

Mine was the Cliff's Notes version.  :blink:

On number six, you might want to reword it to:

6) Democrats and Republicans in Congress get re-elected because the voters do not hold their representatives accountable for their actions.

231318[/snapback]

Edit part deux:

6) Democrats and Republicans in Congress get re-elected because the voters do not hold their representatives accountable for their actions largely due to the fact that they are ignorant and semi-illiterate mouth-breathers.

Edit part deux:

6) Democrats and Republicans in Congress get re-elected because the voters do not hold their representatives accountable for their actions largely due to the fact that they are ignorant and semi-illiterate mouth-breathers.

231342[/snapback]

If I didn't know you, I would say that you sound suprisingly like the Democrats after the last election. :blink:

If I didn't know you, I would say that you sound suprisingly like the Democrats after the last election.  :blink:

231350[/snapback]

That's actually one of the few issues Dimocrats and I agree on. Only I tend to think the Dims draw more mouth-breathers into their big tent.

Edit part deux:

231342[/snapback]

how do they breathe thru their mouth and eat their hot pocket at the same time?

I noticed that Bush will ask for a 81 Billion doolar supllement for Iraq. Now I support the troops and now that they are there we have to support them. But was this all really necessary to start with ?

81 Billion dollars could have been spent on health care, or domestic infrastructure, or anyhting that stays home instead of overseas. I just dont get it. The USA needs to rebuild the homeland before rebuilding the rest of the world.

I noticed that Bush will ask for a 81 Billion doolar supllement for Iraq. Now I support the troops and now that they are there we have to support them. But was this all really necessary to start with ?

81 Billion dollars could have been spent on health care, or domestic infrastructure, or anyhting that stays home instead of overseas. I just dont get it. The USA needs to rebuild the homeland before rebuilding the rest of the world.

231449[/snapback]

That 81 billion is not included in the budget. It's a friggin' crime that the pres. will send this budget up on the same day that he's schilling for 81 billion dollars not identified in the budget. Who can do this?

I make a budget where my salary is consumed by my expenditures. But oh wait, I need to spend more money. Rather than build it into my budget, I'll just spend it. Woohoo. Fiscal responsibility, thy name is Republican.

Damn... and I started this thread saying this was a small step in the right direction. To quote Al Swearingen (back in 4 weeks), Bush is a "slimey c---sucker."

That 81 billion is not included in the budget. It's a friggin' crime that the pres. will send this budget up on the same day that he's schilling for 81 billion dollars not identified in the budget. Who can do this?

I make a budget where my salary is consumed by my expenditures. But oh wait, I need to spend more money. Rather than build it into my budget, I'll just spend it. Woohoo. Fiscal responsibility, thy name is Republican.

Damn... and I started this thread saying this was a small step in the right direction. To quote Al Swearingen (back in 4 weeks), Bush is a "slimey c---sucker."

231494[/snapback]

And thus, we demonstrate that "federal budget" is, in fact, an oxymoron... :blink: