Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Freddy as much as anyone, but let's not get carried away and think he'll be above McCoy on the depth chart, people. His role will be that of a complimentary back who will spell LeSean, give us some meaningful carries, provide added blocking and receiving on passing downs, and in case of injury to McCoy step in as starter.

Valuable? Yes. Feature back? No.

^ THAT :worthy: :worthy:

It would also negatively impact our chances of being a playoff team, and maybe a very good one at that, if we cut him. Let's remember, it's his abilities to help us win games as a player, not mere nostalgia for our beloved Freddy, that is the primary reason he needs to be on our team.

It would also negatively impact our chances of being a playoff team, and maybe a very good one at that, if we cut him. Let's remember, it's his abilities to help us win games as a player, not mere nostalgia for our beloved Freddy, that is the primary reason he needs to be on our team.

right now FredEx is the heart and soul of the offense and losing his palymaking abilities and leadership would hurt.

before someone disagrees with what I said

a player can be a leader and not the #1 at their position

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I feel like Fred is owed one more shot to be on a playoff team. It would be cruel to cut him now after all the years of futility.

Not just that.

He has the ability to make that one game changing play which wakes up the team on a Sunday with lackluster performances. There are just so many reasons to value his presence on the team UNLESS:

- We are signing some quality FA and are scraping for cap space

- The 54th player adds something more than Fred does to the team

- His performance drops precipitiously

- He is injured

I think as it stands right now, none of the above is true. And Pegula has much to gain from the PR aspect that he won't mind spending on him.

IMHO, Fred plays one last season and retires.

Not just that.

He has the ability to make that one game changing play which wakes up the team on a Sunday with lackluster performances. There are just so many reasons to value his presence on the team UNLESS:

- We are signing some quality FA and are scraping for cap space

- The 54th player adds something more than Fred does to the team

- His performance drops precipitiously

- He is injured

I think as it stands right now, none of the above is true. And Pegula has much to gain from the PR aspect that he won't mind spending on him.

IMHO, Fred plays one last season and retires.

Or maybe Terry Pegula feels like most fans, that Fred earned a little respect. Fred, in a limited role, can still be effective.

If Terry Pegula, and not Doug Whaley/Rex Ryan, made a decision to keep Fred, then I'm very disappointed. The last thing I want is a meddlesome, overly sentimental owner who keeps the GM from making difficult decisions.

That said -- has there been one reliable source that confirms Whaley wants to cut Fred?

If Terry Pegula, and not Doug Whaley/Rex Ryan, made a decision to keep Fred, then I'm very disappointed. The last thing I want is a meddlesome, overly sentimental owner who keeps the GM from making difficult decisions.

That said -- has there been one reliable source that confirms Whaley wants to cut Fred?

I feel almost exactly the opposite. He has let the GMs do what they like which in general is the correct course of action for an owner ... except in a case such as this where loyalty by the team to a more than deserving player is being subverted. In this case I like what Pegula is doing in making sure the Bills remain a organization with integrity.

Edited by CodeMonkey

other than the OP and Leroi?

or Buffalo Rumblings?

not that I've seen (or if an ESPN repeated it they posted the rumor just to say they covered it)

I feel like Fred is owed one more shot to be on a playoff team. It would be cruel to cut him now after all the years of futility.

nobody is owed a shot in professional sports. NOBODY

I am sorry it took so long to respond on this thread, I'm up to my ears in an engine project, and getting behind.

I could not find my way back to the NFL stat chart I found earlier,but I got this from ESPN.

YAC stats

Yards After Catch Leaders - All Players
RK PLAYER TEAM REC TAR YDS AVG TD LONG 20+ YDS/G FUM YAC 1DN 1 Matt Forte, RB CHI 102 130 808 7.9 4 56 7 50.5 1 771 28 2 Le'Veon Bell, RB PIT 83 105 854 10.3 3 48 10 53.4 0 723 41 3 Golden Tate, WR DET 99 142 1,331 13.4 4 73 17 83.2 1 691 58 4 Demaryius Thomas, WR DEN 111 184 1,619 14.6 11 86 25 101.2 0 647 69 5 Fred Jackson, RB BUF 66 90 501 7.6 1 34 6 35.8 3 593 25 6 Antonio Brown, WR PIT 129 182 1,698 13.2 13 63 19 106.1 1 568 85 7 Randall Cobb, WR GB 91 126 1,287 14.1 12 70 24 80.4 1 556 71 8 Julio Jones, WR ATL 104 164 1,593 15.3 6 79 31 106.2 2 553 76 9 Jeremy Maclin, WR PHI 85 143 1,318 15.5 10 72 21 82.4 0 489 56 10 Jordy Nelson, WR GB 98 151 1,519 15.5 13 80 19 94.9 0 481 71

Wonder what the dynamic will be in the RB meetings and drills. Will shady look up to fred the way our other backs have? Will he be picking his brain or just go on doing what he does. Just interesting to think about. Locker room hierarchy and how it evolves

Wonder what the dynamic will be in the RB meetings and drills. Will shady look up to fred the way our other backs have? Will he be picking his brain or just go on doing what he does. Just interesting to think about. Locker room hierarchy and how it evolves

Mario ruled the locker room when he got here.

great to hear fredex is staying. a note to MODs and ADMINs, is it possible when you guys update a thread, like this one where u added the pegula response. do you mind adding what post number was where that part was broken. its easier to follow the story that way. like "...pegula-says-hell-to-the-no(update post 68)

I haven't read every page of this but a buddy of mine claims that Rex wanted Fred cut, Whaley said no, big fight ensued and TP stepped in and said no. Would really love to know the truth on this one

I hope not... if that's the truth then so much for the honeymoon!