Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh, can't blame Pegula for interfering. This goes beyond a football decision. This would impact the whole brand and franchise. Everyone in here was saying that "this is a business." Why yes, yes it is.

As long as we're just talking about the 33 RB, Im fine with it. If it's starting QB or draft picks, gtfo and just sign the checks!

in this instance, id generally agree that a depth back isnt a huge deal, but IF he did step in, it certainly opens the door and may create some discord/dysfunction in the front office as well possible future interventions.

Love it. Hate on Pegula for meddling with HIS team because of a tweet that said he got involved. I didn't think there were people so naive to doubt that every single owner in the NFL gets involved on significant personnel matters.

I would say cutting one of the most popular players in franchise history to satisfy an ego trip by the GM...who, as Pegula publicly stated from the beginning, reports directly to HIM...qualifies as significant. I'm sure Terry is not micromanaging small stuff, but this was a very bad move and demanded his attention.

Meh, can't blame Pegula for interfering. This goes beyond a football decision. This would impact the whole brand and franchise. Everyone in here was saying that "this is a business." Why yes, yes it is.

Yep, and for a team that doesnt have a franchise QB leading its O, you need Freddy in that locker room.

Sounds to me, if Graham is reporting that "Pegula stepped in", that matter2003 was right and there was something for Pegula to step in to.

Edited by Beerball

but if our coach wants the 3rd back to be a gunner on special teams, it puts freddy as a possible game day inactive ala bryce brown last year. or do you want him to intervene if that is the case too?

im not saying he DID do that, but in the discussion of whether you want him to be that type of owner, i vote no.

I agree.....(not that you need me to)

I feel like I'm watching a line of TSW posters file past Fred's open coffin, paying their past respects.

:(

Bills source tells me Fred Jackson "isn't going anywhere." Second source tells me Terry Pegula got involved. Stay tuned.

Best part is all the fools acting like Fred was already gone.

Oh my god, he moved! He isn't dead, he isn't dead!

:lol:

in this instance, id generally agree that a depth back isnt a huge deal, but IF he did step in, it certainly opens the door and may create some discord/dysfunction in the front office as well possible future interventions.

If having to listen to your boss the one time he puts his foot down creates discord, the problem isnt with the boss.

The thing here is that Fred can still play. It's not like we're keeping dead wood; he still adds value from a depth and leadership perspective- even if he's third on the depth chart.

He's not dead wood. He is just expensive for what he brings.

They could get creative. He wants to play 3 more years.

They could meet each other half way and give him a fully guaranteed 1 extension at vet minimum. Turn this year's salary into a signing bonus to lower his overall cap hit. Tell him to get all the guarantees he needs to retire after this season or the next.

They need to lower his cap hit. Jackson would have teams interested in him if he were released but no one would be giving him $3 mil this year.

we will see if thats a blessing or a curse. i dont really want terry having hands on our depth chart, honestly.

Generally, I would agree. But I see this as much more than a roster move. This is a team chemistry/organizational dynamic/PR move. While a gray line, this is where I would see an owner stepping in. For example, you wouldn't see the owner not having a major role in releasing Jim Kelly.

Love it. Hate on Pegula for meddling with HIS team because of a tweet that said he got involved. I didn't think there were people so naive to doubt that every single owner in the NFL gets involved on significant personnel matters.

I would say cutting one of the most popular players in franchise history to satisfy an ego trip by the GM...who, as Pegula publicly stated from the beginning, reports directly to HIM...qualifies as significant. I'm sure Terry is not micromanaging small stuff, but this was a very bad move and demanded his attention.

Can you explain this, please?

Agree with this, is he going to step in whenever a fan favorite may be let go? What happens when Kyle Williams gets long in the tooth? We're just going to have a bunch of watched up players who were good for Buffalo over time. Pegula needs to stay out of personnel decisions.

Agree with this, is he going to step in whenever a fan favorite may be let go? What happens when Kyle Williams gets long in the tooth? We're just going to have a bunch of watched up players who were good for Buffalo over time. Pegula needs to stay out of personnel decisions.

the good news is there ARENT that many players who "were good for Buffalo", or else we wouldnt have a 15 yr playoff drought! :thumbsup:

I dont think its that bad to want Kyle and Fred on the team for when we finally make the playoffs (this year). Its Fred's last contract year, he's earned it.

Can you explain this, please?

Rex Ryan is an ego maniac and hated Fred Jackson for running on his teams all those times with the Jets. So his entire plan was to get the HC job in Buffalo and the Cut FJ's arse to prove a point.

Edited by CountDorkula

its all about timing....and its a great decision to keep fred RIGHT NOW

this is Pegulas first offseason, and they are making waves (intelligent waves)

The fans are excited, why ruin that by letting go probably the most fan favorite player in the past 10 years?

This is not necessarily indicative of a meddling owner who should leave football to the football people....its a businessman realizing when to keep a good thing going as its best for the business

Rex Ryan is an ego maniac and hated Fred Jackson for running on his teams all those times with the Jets. So his entire plan was to get the HC job in Buffalo and the Cut FJ's arse to prove a point.

ok but the post said GM, not coach....

its all about timing....and its a great decision to keep fred RIGHT NOW

this is Pegulas first offseason, and they are making waves (intelligent waves)

The fans are excited, why ruin that by letting go probably the most fan favorite player in the past 10 years?

This is not necessarily indicative of a meddling owner who should leave football to the football people....its a businessman realizing when to keep a good thing going as its best for the business

but if he views business as pleasing fans in march instead of giving coaches/gms what they want for the season...... well, that might not be best for business.