Fred Jackson cut??(UPDATE: Pegula says Hell To The No)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

or maybe he is and maybe judging his YPC while barely playing in a limited role behind a bad line is stupid

Jackson didn't play behind the same oline?

Maybe hyping a player who really hasn't done anything of note in the NFL besides 2 games is stupid.

Rex Ryan has nothing invested in FJ, like so many Bills fans do. This is Rex's team now. He's not here to keep players on the team just to make the fans happy. He is here to help build a winner. He apparently doesn't see FJ as part of that, and at Fred's age, I can understand that. I can easily see Eric Wood taking on a bigger leadership role on the offense if FJ is let go. I'm a huge Jackson fan, but I'm not gonna say this team is crazy if they let him go.

Well it's a bad way to start your tenure. And until proven otherwise, Ryan has been awful at putting together offenses.

Is tomorrow a cut deadline where zero dead $ becomes some?

No, but new league year starts on Tuesday. Bills may need cap room to sign free agents. Having no dead money means all savings against the cap. Not a safe position for an older vet.

The steelers are going through it with Polamalu. They told him he could retire or they would need to cut him; they are moving on. I guess as a non steelers fan it was obvious to me they already had, on the field at least. I didn't see that with Fred. I felt like he was still a big part of the offense and when he was hurt, it made the offense less productive. But I guess a new staff sees otherwise from film.

He only broke 50 yards 4 times and 3 of the 4 he was sub 3.5 ypc (ie volume not explosion), the 4th being chicago when he only had 23 yards outside the stiff arm of all stiff arms

To avoid arbitrary cut offs he had a 10 carry 49 yard day -- but below that it's all sub 35 yards

No, but new league year starts on Tuesday. Bills may need cap room to sign free agents. Having no dead money means all savings against the cap. Not a safe position for an older vet.

If anything it may be respect to let Jackson shop himself before free agency starts

?

Just Another Guy

He only broke 50 yards 4 times and 3 of the 4 he was sub 3.5 ypc (ie volume not explosion), the 4th being chicago when he only had 23 yards outside the stiff arm of all stiff arms

To avoid arbitrary cut offs he had a 10 carry 49 yard day -- but below that it's all sub 35 yards

If anything it may be respect to let Jackson shop himself before free agency starts

But how much do you attribute that to the oline & play calling? None of the backs looked good.

Jackson didn't play behind the same oline?

Maybe hyping a player who really hasn't done anything of note in the NFL besides 2 games is stupid.

I guess based on that it means you think Fred sucks too

I base my opinion on what I see on the field not what I read in the stat line the next day. Bryce Brown is a talented back who certainly does not suck