The Aaron Rodgers effect

Randall Cobb re-signed with GB for 4 yrs/40 mill, 17 gtd.

@RapSheet: Randall Cobb had 6-7 offers today, Im told. He turned down considerably more money elsewhere to sign with the #Packers.

GB may not be a desirable place to live but when you are winning and have an elite QB somehow that doesn't matter....

This is why the Bills need to trade for McCoy and have had to build their WR corp through the draft. No elite offensive players are going to willingly come to bflo in FA without a QB.

They can try to lure vernon Davis but I don't see it. Same problem. Clay may be a notch below him but Miami isn't winning either and if you overpay you might get him.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Man- Cobb getting offers for considerably more than 10m? Free agency is going to be wild with the cap bumping this year and next.

Maybe the 17 gtd was the surprise. Now I can't see Maclin staying in Phil, he's the top FA WR out there and you know chip hates to overpay skill players.

Also saw Cobb is still only 24... So probably not his last big contract. Wise to keep putting up numbers with Rogers.

Hopefully this hits home with Hughes.

I think you got this a little backward.

Cobb didnt stay in GB because the offense is great. He stayed because, with a Franchise QB, the whole team is great. And because of that, they have a real shot at the superbowl every year.

If this hits home with Hughes, he's probably a goner. Unless his only suitors have sucky QBs.

Randall Cobb re-signed with GB for 4 yrs/40 mill, 17 gtd.

@RapSheet: Randall Cobb had 6-7 offers today, Im told. He turned down considerably more money elsewhere to sign with the #Packers.

GB may not be a desirable place to live but when you are winning and have an elite QB somehow that doesn't matter....

This is why the Bills need to trade for McCoy and have had to build their WR corp through the draft. No elite offensive players are going to willingly come to bflo in FA without a QB.

They can try to lure vernon Davis but I don't see it. Same problem. Clay may be a notch below him but Miami isn't winning either and if you overpay you might get him.

This is why we need to get a QB. Pronto. Screw developing EJ, go get someone who can play now. Cassel is a start, keep trying....

Edited by 8and8Forever

This is why we need to get a QB. Pronto. Screw developing EJ, go get someone who can play now. Cassel is a start, keep trying....

... And for the 10 millionth time... WHO EXACTLY IS THAT? Who is an available QB who can play, that their team doesn't want anymore, and would prefer to lose games without a QB instead?

Do you think that with all the wild, aggressive moves the Bills have made the last 2 years, that "a QB that can play now" wouldn't have been #1 on their list? I believe that's why we brought in Kolb, Thad, Orton, and now Cassel, so they could play now, and the team doesn't rely on EJ's growing pains to dictate the team's success. THOSE WERE THE GUYS THAT WERE AVAILABLE, not pro bowlers.

... And for the 10 millionth time... WHO EXACTLY IS THAT? Who is an available QB who can play, that their team doesn't want anymore, and would prefer to lose games without a QB instead?

Do you think that with all the wild, aggressive moves the Bills have made the last 2 years, that "a QB that can play now" wouldn't have been #1 on their list? I believe that's why we brought in Kolb, Thad, Orton, and now Cassel, so they could play now, and the team doesn't rely on EJ's growing pains to dictate the team's success. THOSE WERE THE GUYS THAT WERE AVAILABLE, not pro bowlers.

Cutty baby!