Bills, McCoy agree on new 5-yr contract

NOt for nothing - La Canfora is a dick

Bills went above and beyond for Shady McCoy. 5 yrs and 26.05 guaranteed w/$13.125 sign bonus. $40M total comp with $16M (!!) in year one...

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago

That's an unreal haul for a guy coming off his worst season still signed to longterm deal at a position being devalued in most places...

0 replies 27 retweets 23 favorites

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Mccoy at $16M for '15 blows away any other RB compensation for this year. Peterson at $13M (if not lower on a new deal). Lynch just got $12M

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Bills may well regret this pre-free agency splurge. Bid against themselves on McCoy and Incognito and they're not done spending yet...

0 replies 28 retweets 17 favorites

Ultimately the cash structure or guarantees mean little. They traded kiko pretty much 100% promising they were keeping him at 3years 26m (ie identical at the close of year 3). All they did was tack on a couple years at the same average pay and reformat money he was already getting to suit their cap plans better Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NOt for nothing - La Canfora is a dick

Bills went above and beyond for Shady McCoy. 5 yrs and 26.05 guaranteed w/$13.125 sign bonus. $40M total comp with $16M (!!) in year one...

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 5m5 minutes ago

That's an unreal haul for a guy coming off his worst season still signed to longterm deal at a position being devalued in most places...

0 replies 27 retweets 23 favorites
Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Mccoy at $16M for '15 blows away any other RB compensation for this year. Peterson at $13M (if not lower on a new deal). Lynch just got $12M

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora 2m2 minutes ago

Bills may well regret this pre-free agency splurge. Bid against themselves on McCoy and Incognito and they're not done spending yet...

0 replies 28 retweets 17 favorites
  1. @JasonLaCanfora More of the same anti-Bills garbage. At least you're not making up false reports about them today. Yet.

Who cares how much cash we spend this year. We didnt pay McCoy anything over what his contract already was. We just guaranteed it. La Contortion's a dick.

This front office knows cash to cap was no way to compete and we are in great shape. Like the old SF capology stuff from years ago that gave them the advantage. Cut Pears, Urbik and we can resign Hughes, get Sanchez, Iupati and more....

Not happening

Who cares how much cash we spend this year. We didnt pay McCoy anything over what his contract already was. We just guaranteed it. La Contortion's a dick.

Exactly. And given the trade, that's practically semantics. We rearranged existing dollars he was getting no matter what and tacked on two years at the same pay rate.

1 we likely see, the other is practically a team option.

So you'd rather have Kiko sitting on the bench tan McCoy playing as from the sound of things Rex suggesting they should trade Kiko tells me he wouldn't have been a featured player for Rex or be put in a position to do what he did as a rookie. It's a different defense, Sounds like Rex wants LB's doing other things which may not match up with Kiko's strengths Wouldn't surprise me if Rex didn't imagine getting McCoy in his place as would have thought you'd need to give up more to him in return.

It's not my money. I don't care how much he gets. Just saying I'd prefer to have Kiko plus whatever money saved to get someone else as opposed to McCoy.

This shows that the Pegulas aren't going to pull up cheap. They are paying him 16 mil in cash this year. Wait, they paid 1.4 billion for the team. Now they paid 1.416 billion for a team with LeSean McCoy, and freed up another 5 million in cap space.

Who cares how much money he makes? We have cap space. It ain't my dough, but it is my team. Way to go, Bills.

As for LaCanfora criticizing McCoy for a bad season.....1300 + yards? That's a bad season?

Wait till this year.

For theses so call experts - blow it out your a--!!!! The bills just opened up cap space for this year. Made their new running back extremely happy and if he gets cut after his third year as a bill he counts less than 3 million agains the cap. This was brilliant by the FO.

He is going to play with a chip on his should and will have a great year in 2015. ( a 13 million signing bonus spread out over 5 years. Nothing is guaranteed after year 3. - a 2.6 million cap hit in year 4 and 5 if he gets cut - if he is productive and still playing then pay him the 8.6 million and who cares. His cap number this season goes from 10 million to 5.3 million a no brainier - especially when it's Terry's $$$. Keep up the great work FO.

Somewhere out there......

Terry Pegula has his shovel and is digging another oil well on one of his properties.......Kim sits in the shade drinking a tall glass of lemonade and pooring a nice glass of "shut the @uck up for Jason Lancantoria"

"Were rich Jason.....we can do whatever we want....WHATEVER WE WANT!"

That's just impossible to gauge right now. Three for sure, unless we trade him, which is unlikely.

Oh totally. I meant it more like "I wonder how many." I would love to see him be a force for the whole contract.

Somewhere out there......

Terry Pegula has his shovel and is digging another oil well on one of his properties.......Kim sits in the shade drinking a tall glass of lemonade and pooring a nice glass of "shut the @uck up for Jason Lancantoria"

"Were rich Jason.....we can do whatever we want....WHATEVER WE WANT!"

i literally laughed out loud.

Spend it if you got it. We can't manufacture a big money QB so love the ones your with, I suppose!

That's just impossible to gauge right now. Three for sure, unless we trade him, which is unlikely.

Unless something goes terribly wrong the 5.2m dead money at the end of 3 means you may as well keep him for the 4th and not save the less than 4m space