Most boring Super Bowl ever (since XXV)

Just Jack

Game - boring because I didn't care about either team, but did want the Eagles to win

Commercials - 85% were not worthy of discussing at work. Only ones I liked were the FedEx/Kinkos and .......... (shoot, I know there was one other). One thing that has killed the excitement of seeing the commercials these past few years is the news programs for a few days before will give previews of them.

Simpsons/American Dad - Neither really made me laugh. American Dad just seemed like Seth was trying to copy Family Guy without looking like he was doing it. Family Guy, talking dog. American Dad, talking goldfish. I don't think American Dad will last more than two seasons.

I'm with you. I did like the commercial with the hot chick around all the old geezers, and the chick in the tabasco bikini was hot. Oh and the "don't judge too soon" or whatever commercials were funny. (the one where the guy got pepper sprayed and tazed in the mini mart) :lol:

But overall I was bored all night with all that went on.

I remembered the other commercial I liked was one of the monkey ones. It was one of the conference room ones, were the guy says that they should not name a product "Titantic". And then one of the monkeys kisses the ass of the boss monkey.

After what seemed like an eternity of SB blowouts, any game that is close is OK in my book.  Was it the best played SB ever?...not by a longshot, but it was an exciting game to the end.

230816[/snapback]

I was excited when Philly got the ball with 5 minutes to go, but then poor clock management killed it.

After what seemed like an eternity of SB blowouts, any game that is close is OK in my book.  Was it the best played SB ever?...not by a longshot, but it was an exciting game to the end.

230816[/snapback]

Actually, four of the last six SBs have been pretty damn close -- the three Pats luckfests, and the Rams stopping the Titans a yard short of the win. The only blowouts were the Bucs over the Raiders and the Ravens over the Giants.

Once upon a time there were blowouts just about every year. In fact, if I recall right, after the Steelers beat the Cowboys 35-31 in XIII, the only single-digit-spread SBs until XXXIV (Rams-Titans) were the two Niners-Bengals games and the Bills-Giants game.

Did you guys see the link provided with the commercials that weren't shown? There was a bud light one where the guy opens a bottle on Janet's wardrobe and tries to tape it up before the show. It's hilarious. Nothing wrong with the commercial itself and I thought it should've been shown. It just kind of made fun of all the "controversy". Classic. Check it out if you can.

I bet the commercial where the cat knocks the spaghetti sauce off the stove and the guy ends up holding it in one hand and a knife in the other won't be shown very much, if they even show it again. I bet PETA was blowing up the phone lines when they showed that one. Too bad because I thought it was hilarious. :lol:

I bet the commercial where the cat knocks the spaghetti sauce off the stove and the guy ends up holding it in one hand and a knife in the other won't be shown very much, if they even show it again. I bet PETA was blowing up the phone lines when they showed that one.  Too bad because I thought it was hilarious.  :lol:

230961[/snapback]

You're probably right, but why should this be so? It's not like that cat was injured or anything.

Actually, four of the last six SBs have been pretty damn close -- the three Pats luckfests, and the Rams stopping the Titans a yard short of the win.  The only blowouts were the Bucs over the Raiders and the Ravens over the Giants.

Once upon a time there were blowouts just about every year.  In fact, if I recall right, after the Steelers beat the Cowboys 35-31 in XIII, the only single-digit-spread SBs until XXXIV (Rams-Titans) were the two Niners-Bengals games and the Bills-Giants game.

230940[/snapback]

I should have clarified it in my post....The blowouts from the distant past are what I was referring to.

You're probably right, but why should this be so? It's not like that cat was injured or anything.

230978[/snapback]

Probably the same reason they pissed and moaned about the energizer commercial where the Mom is going through the house to get the kids to settle down and then opens up a dryer at the end and a cat jumps out. They raised hell over that and energizer edited the commercial so that the Mom in the commercial took out a basket full of eggs instead. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: PETA, that was a funny commercial before you got it changed.