93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better band

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having a bad day jw? You pretty much slapped everybody in your post. So who is your favourite group? Everybody has an opinion thats why we have the off the wall discussions.

just expressoing myself.

favorite group: The Replacements, of course.

best rock and roll band of all time: The Rolling Stones, of course.

jw

What are you expecting. A standing ovation?

what i feared the most, a post from you.

jw

what i feared the most, a post from you.

jw

Yeah really. What the !@#$ am I doing posting in a music thread seeing I know absolutely nothing about music. All bow to the untouchable music knowledge and appreciation of the great wawrow. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Maybe as a whole, though I wouldn't agree. Mick Taylor in his prime was a far more talented musician than anyone in the Beatles. And Charlie Watts crushes Ringo.

McCartney plays guitar, bass, piano and drums! Dreaming about Mick Taylor.

It's always easy to bash Ringo as well. Pretty darn good drummer I'd say.

McCartney plays guitar, bass, piano and drums! Dreaming about Mick Taylor.

It's always easy to bash Ringo as well. Pretty darn good drummer I'd say.

Bashing Ringo is easy. He is an okay drummer. But saying Charlie W. is anything more than marginally better is just silly.

McCartney, alone, has more talent than the Stones put together. Keith Richards' riffs, while sweet to listen to, are far from original. Nearly everything the Beatles did, beginning with the Help! album was purely original.

Apples and oranges; Beatles were not a rock-n-roll band past 1965 or so. The Stones were Rock and Roll.

Yeah really. What the !@#$ am I doing posting in a music thread seeing I know absolutely nothing about music. All bow to the untouchable music knowledge and appreciation of the great wawrow. :worthy::worthy::worthy:

you're a mere harpee, seemingly pretending to make a point without revealing anything in any post of yours i've ever read. it's quite predictable, as is this post.

i state my case. you follow up with some empty retort, devoid of point, substance or reason.

jw

and there, never found something so rewarding as hitting the ignore button. man, that felt so good.

Edited by john wawrow

Bashing Ringo is easy. He is an okay drummer. But saying Charlie W. is anything more than marginally better is just silly.

McCartney, alone, has more talent than the Stones put together. Keith Richards' riffs, while sweet to listen to, are far from original. Nearly everything the Beatles did, beginning with the Help! album was purely original.

Apples and oranges; Beatles were not a rock-n-roll band past 1965 or so. The Stones were Rock and Roll.

I love both bands...but honestly, this is not all that accurate.

you're a mere harpee, seemingly pretending to make a point without revealing anything in any post of yours i've ever read. it's quite predictable, as is this post.

i state my case. you follow up with some empty retort, devoid of point, substance or reason.

jw

and there, never found something so rewarding as hitting the ignore button. man, that felt so good.

:lol: Wus.

I love both bands...but honestly, this is not all that accurate.

Details, please. Because everything Richards played was played generations before him. And the Stones had very little musical talent; talent isn't what Rock and Roll is about, though, so it didn't matter. The Beatles created their own genre and did it with an incredible amount of talent - mostly from Paul McCartney.

Details, please. Because everything Richards played was played generations before him. And the Stones had very little musical talent; talent isn't what Rock and Roll is about, though, so it didn't matter. The Beatles created their own genre and did it with an incredible amount of talent - mostly from Paul McCartney.

You are right. According to the great musical historian wawrow R&R is not about musical talent. It's 100% image, rebellion and swagger. The quality of the music comes in a distant fourth.

Edited by Chef Jim

No. According to the great musical historian wawrow R&R is not about musical talent. It's 100% image, rebellion and swagger. The quality of the music comes in a distant fourth.

Obviously that's an exaggeration, but obviously there are some bands **cough cough** Kiss **cough** that this is true for.

Obviously that's an exaggeration, but obviously there are some bands **cough cough** Kiss **cough** that this is true for.

Kiss is more talented than the Stones, too, actually.

With regard to wawrow? No it's not an exaggeration at all. In his mind if a band isn't sloppy or rebellious they are not R&R at all. And god forbid they use a flute. Which is quite funny seeing his beloved Stones used a flute. :oops:

Ace maybe. Even Tommy Thayer. But Gene is average, as is Paul. You can't tell me that without the makeup, pyrotechnics, merchandising, etc, they'd be at the point they're at today.

Gene Simmons is a marketing genius.

But he is also a very underrated bass player. For the purposes of this thread, I believe he's a better bass player than Bill Wyman. Peter Criss is a FAR better drummer than Charlie Watt. And, as you stated, Ace/Tommy are both more talented than Keith Richards. Paul Stanley (and I'm a 1974-1979 KISS fanatic) was/is a joke, in my opinion.

...and George Martin...

Gene Simmons is a marketing genius.

But he is also a very underrated bass player. For the purposes of this thread, I believe he's a better bass player than Bill Wyman. Peter Criss is a FAR better drummer than Charlie Watt. And, as you stated, Ace/Tommy are both more talented than Keith Richards. Paul Stanley (and I'm a 1974-1979 KISS fanatic) was/is a joke, in my opinion.

I'm not gonna deny that Gene is a marketing genius. He admits to this. William Shatner asked him what his favorite Kiss song was he said it was "Rock and Roll All Nite" Because it's the most popular, and it makes him the most money.

Keith is quite underrated as a rhythm guitarist. He's not gonna come out with any shredding solos like Jimmy Page or Eddie Van Halen, but as far as his simple catchy riffs, he's the best.