Beatles vs. Stones

Beatles Stones  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the better band

Sympathy for the Devil. Greatest lyrics of the '60s. Way better than anything The Beatles, or even Dylan did. Not saying that overall they were necessarily better lyricists, but that one song defines the 60s.

Let's not get carried away now.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lennon took himself very seriously. Almost too seriously. Not that his solo career didn't have a few fun songs here and there, but it was all some serious heavy stuff. Paul, not to say that he didn't take himself or his career seriously, but wrote songs that were much more lighthearted and fun, which also came out with some pretty cheesy ones.

I always have had the feeeling that Paul is a nice guy and John was an ahole.

Let's not get carried away now.

I should clarify. I'm not saying that Mick is an overall better lyricist than Dylan. Dylan may possibly be the greatest lyricist of all time. But that one song is better. It's like if someone were to hit four home runs in a game, doesn't make them a better home run hitter than Hank Aaron.

I should clarify. I'm not saying that Mick is an overall better lyricist than Dylan. Dylan may possibly be the greatest lyricist of all time. But that one song is better. It's like if someone were to hit four home runs in a game, doesn't make them a better home run hitter than Hank Aaron.

Those lyrics are a bloop single.

"I shouted out who killed the Kennedys, when after all, it was you and me." Is the only line in the song that has anything to do with the 60s that I can see. Ballsy, sensational for sure, but I don't think it defines anything. Edited by Rico

It was at the very least, an inside the park home run where the runner seemed to have missed the bag at third, and was called out on an appeal play. He didn't actually miss the bag, but it was prior to 2013, so there was no instant replay.

No. Bloop single and the runner was out by 10 feet because he tripped over his shoelace. Then the manager came out to complain runner interference but broke his toe kicking dirt on the umpire and was then run over by the mascot driving the Banana Splits-mobile. It was a rather tragic play.

You might want to check your chess rules. Van Halen is also on tour this summer.

At this point, they'd get better reviews if they just converted the shows into DLR Roasts.

VH isn't part of this discussion. Just Beatles and Stones. My point is the Stones have staying power.

Yes, because being assassinated is a sign of !@#$ing weakness and a lack of stamina. You're ignorant.