Qualifying offers made to RFAs Bryant, Hogan, & Justin Brown

I like these guys. For some reason, some believe Hogan is overrated. I believe he is just the opposite and probably will end up playing an important part in this team's offense for the foreseeable future.

Hogan is overrated by many on this board. He's a good player as the 5th WR. Because to have him be the primary option over Goodwin or Mike Williams should explain a lot about last year's offense.

Hogan is overrated by many on this board. He's a good player as the 5th WR. Because to have him be the primary option over Goodwin or Mike Williams should explain a lot about last year's offense.

Thank you. Hogan is a poor to fair #3, a decent #4 and pretty good #5.

This really is Hogan's year to make a case to be a legit WR.

My take is he has been so focused on making the team and then not making a mistake that it has hindered him to some degree from relaxing and playing.

I hope he gets really into a comfort zone and can flourish.

I believe he successfully made that case last year.

Edited by Rocky Landing

100% true. A player like TJ GRaham, David Nelson or Marquise Goodwin add a dimension to their team. Of those Nelson is most like Hogan - but Graham and Goodwin do more as a 4th WR then Hogan. Hogan is the perfect 5th WR. When he is on the field 1 on 1 against a LB or dime defender he will make a play but he is not breaking a play open, nor is he going to be anything more then the underneath guy who will get the YAC.

And that's all I want him to be. The #4 WR on the field in passing downs, even if that means a RB is playing WR3. Spiller should have been our #3 WR last year.

And that's all I want him to be. The #4 WR on the field in passing downs, even if that means a RB is playing WR3. Spiller should have been our #3 WR last year.

It's good to put these type of limits on player potential and productivity...

100% true. A player like TJ GRaham, David Nelson or Marquise Goodwin add a dimension to their team. Of those Nelson is most like Hogan - but Graham and Goodwin do more as a 4th WR then Hogan. Hogan is the perfect 5th WR. When he is on the field 1 on 1 against a LB or dime defender he will make a play but he is not breaking a play open, nor is he going to b

The inability of Goodwin to stay on the field has to factor into his evaluation as a contributing member of the team. I keep hearing about his potential, but his rookie season he had 17 catches for 283 and last year 1-42. Hogan had 10-73 in 2013 But 41-426 in 2014.

I understand his speed etc. but is he more valuable to the team on the bench than Hogan who tries hard and has good hands ?

In my eyes potential means squat if not realized.

The inability of Goodwin to stay on the field has to factor into his evaluation as a contributing member of the team. I keep hearing about his potential, but his rookie season he had 17 catches for 283 and last year 1-42. Hogan had 10-73 in 2013 But 41-426 in 2014.

I understand his speed etc. but is he more valuable to the team on the bench than Hogan who tries hard and has good hands ?

In my eyes potential means squat if not realized.

"Don't confuse effort (or potential) with results." Hogan > Goodwin, all day long!

How is Mike Williams faring as a free agent currently? Not much interest from what I've read.

Anyone know anything on Justin Brown? I can look up his stats, but don't know him.

Yea earlier in year steelers used him as 3rd wideout. Watched him funble around the goal line against the Ravens

They replaced him w Martavis Bryant and then the steelers started to win games. Not sure if he will help or not.

Edited by Ryan L Billz