Greg Cosell on McCoy and Cassell

Punch

Greg Cosell is one of the best film reviewers in the media, and this time of year is where he really shines. He wrote a post on Yahoo's Shutdown Corner blog about the Bills-Eagles trade and added a paragraph on Cassell. Long story short, he likes what the Bills have done. It's an interesting read overall, although much of the post is about the Eagles:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-analysis--breaking-down-the-eagles-bills-trade-175905938.html

Regarding Cassell:

"And I really think they made a good move trading for Matt Cassel.

Cassel is your classic (for lack of a better term) system player. He needs a strong run game, and obviously that will be the foundation of the Bills’ offense. Cassel has always been a good play-action quarterback. He has never had a problem turning his back to the defense and then getting his head around and figuring out the coverage. In some ways, Cassel is no different – and arguably better at times – than Cincinnati’s Andy Dalton. He fits a system, and that’s what the Bills are going to do."

Greg Cosell is one of the best film reviewers in the media, and this time of year is where he really shines. He wrote a post on Yahoo's Shutdown Corner blog about the Bills-Eagles trade and added a paragraph on Cassell. Long story short, he likes what the Bills have done. It's an interesting read overall, although much of the post is about the Eagles:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/greg-cosell-s-analysis--breaking-down-the-eagles-bills-trade-175905938.html

Regarding Cassell:

"And I really think they made a good move trading for Matt Cassel.

Cassel is your classic (for lack of a better term) system player. He needs a strong run game, and obviously that will be the foundation of the Bills’ offense. Cassel has always been a good play-action quarterback. He has never had a problem turning his back to the defense and then getting his head around and figuring out the coverage. In some ways, Cassel is no different – and arguably better at times – than Cincinnati’s Andy Dalton. He fits a system, and that’s what the Bills are going to do."

I don't know. He panned 'Silver Linings Playbook' when most other critics loved it.

GO BILLS!!!

I like Cosell too; sounds like he thinks the Eagles got the better of the trade but the Bills did "okay". I still think there were better choices with more upside out there than Cassell.

Cassel to me is a sign that they really want EJ to improve. Cassel is a fallback option a complete game manager. If Cassel is the only QB they go after its a sign they are hoping for the best with EJ and preparing for the worst by having a decent backup option.

He is Orton that can move. Basically if he starts it's probably a bit of an upgrade based on mobility.

Orton was 9-21 from 2010-2013. Team around Cassel will help him be successful.

In the sense that when a snail climbs on top of a turtle and yells, "WEEE!", is Cassel a step up in mobility from Orton.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't know. He panned 'Silver Linings Playbook' when most other critics loved it.

GO BILLS!!!

I need to hijack this thread.

This movie was seriously awesome. I have no idea why no one told me it was mostly about sports and was hilarious. I just assumed it was another super serious Oscar flick.

The jennifer Lawrence/DiNiro "eagles JuJu" scene is absolutely epic. Maybe a top 5 movie scene for me.