Rapaport: Trading Kiko was Rex's idea

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I would bet that when the bills got the call and heard the offer the first thing they did was probably to counter with brown or branham. I hope so any way. But at the end of the day, look what we got

Good question; i don't know. Marrone apparently hated the players, if the media is to be believed, but i don't know enough to say. I don't like Marrone, but he actually did do a good job with the jets and saints o-lines, so he does seem to have some expertise. To reiterate, though, i don't know.

I think the more that comes out, the more power hungry Marrone seemed. He wanted to run the show. Obviously, I don't know either but Marrone's handling of Urbik and moving Pears to G were beyond awful moves.

I think Rex is more willingly to work with Whaley. IMO, I feel like they will work well together because they both seem like good dudes. Marrone seemed like a prick.

I would bet that when the bills got the call and heard the offer the first thing they did was probably to counter with brown or branham. I hope so any way. But at the end of the day, look what we got

I know it's not popular to say but Brown and Bradham might both be better all around LBs than Kiko. Kiko was a liability against the run.

He is a run around and chase down player. Brown and Bradham are more pure LBs.

Tell me what part you do not believe please.

That it was a consensus decision informed by mutual love of rex by both parties and the notion that the coach should report to the owner rather than the gm. They may have both liked rex, but while hiring him may have saved whaley's job, he was disempowered a bit. He had long worked for organizations in which the coach reported to the gm. hell, his last coach basically blew up the coaching staff over this very issue. What i don't know is whether he was fine with this; he may well have been. Anyway, any longtime poster here should know better than to believe press releases issued during personnel transitions. I see them all of the time, and they almost always consist of inoffensive pablum that's intended to make those on the outside accepting of the new situation.

Edited by dave mcbride

Aha. I see. I go years and years of (mostly) defending bad management and highlighting the few good players on the team, and once i offer a modicum of very, very measured criticism, I'm somehow a "doomed" sort. The world ain't that black and white, and neither am I.

it was just a joke... JTSP loves obj. Edited by YoloinOhio

That it was a consensus decision informed by mutual love of rex by both parties and the notion that the coach should report to the owner rather than the gm. They may have both liked rex, but while hiring him may have saved whaley's job, he was disempowered a bit. He had long worked for organizations in which the coach reported to the gm. hell, his last coach basically blew up the coaching staff over this very issue. What i don't know is whether he was fine with this; he may well have been. Anyway, any longtime poster here should know better than to believe press releases issued during personnel transitions. I see them all of the time, and they almost always consist of inoffensive pablum that's intended to make those on the outside accepting of the new situation.

That's not what I was referring to. I was referring to an interview of Whaley and the interview of Kim Pegula I heard. As well as about 10 other articles. I don't even recall the one you are referring to. Nor do I think it means anything whatsoever that Rex reports to the Pegulas. I love Whaley and think that rex should report to the owner and most teams do it that way now. I also think that Rex wields a ton of power throughout the organization and with the owners and he should. He's a huge name coach.

I don't think he has final say on trades and draft picks.

That's not it at all. Whenever bigtime coaches come in, they tend to possess a lot of power. This isn't chan gailey (a creature of the gm when he was hired here) that we're talking about. Do you really think the gm in new england has any power over belichick?

Um...Dave...who is the GM in New England?

Um...Dave...who is the GM in New England?

Going back over the years, Dimitroff, Pioli ... all were secondary to Belichick. And righly so, in retrospect. It's why they left a near-perfect situation on the victory front to run their own shows. I'm not dissing the setup I'm positing. Seriously, though, does anyone really think Ryan wants to be in another situation reporting to the Idziks and Tannenbaums of the world? I don't. Let's not fool ourselves and think that Whaley has the juice of an Ozzie Newsome. He doesn't.

What are you asking for it?

I'll take $1500.

Edited by dave mcbride

Maybe Rex and Doug just work really well together and have similar ideas about how to proceed with things?

I really like Whaley and I love Rex. Since both report to ownership both have a lot of power, but I really think that they also mesh well together and Whaley is proably willing to defer to Rex's wishes on certain things to get off on the right foot.

That doesn't mean Rex controls personnel but I think Whaley wants to help Rex out as much as possibly by getting him the guys he wants.

I said yesterday that Rex had to have signed-off on the trade. Now it seems he orchestrated it.

I'm fine with Rex signing off. I don't want him orchestrating the cable bill. Coach defense, arrange for some offensive minded people, and win games. No media whores required. WIN GAMES and shut the hell up. (Sorry, that had been brewing a while...)