Matt Cassel a Bill

Nanker

@alexmarvez: . @buffalobills swap their 1st 2015 5th-round pick for @Vikings 2015 6th-rounder and give Min a 2016 7th-rounder for Matt Cassel @NFLonFOX

I'm OK with it now.

I see a lot of linemen drafted with the picks we have left this year. Hopefully the scouts can come up with some late round gems!

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there was a Hall of Fame for MEDIOCRE these would be excellent candidates!!! I am amazed how Bills fans find comfort in mediocrity.

You have a better alternative?

I'm OK with it now.

I see a lot of linemen drafted with the picks we have left this year. Hopefully the scouts can come up with some late round gems!

We did that last year. I see some 3-4 outside backers / block eating dlinemen being taken late.

As I said in the Cassel thread... this time last year I was quite keen on taking him as a FA to compete and back up EJ. I think this kind of tells you what they are thinking.... there is going to be a competition for this job and EJ is going to be part of it.

If you believe what you read, McCown chose the Browns over the Bills, because the Browns were guaranteeing McCown a starting job...that wasn't the case in Buffalo. It will be a competition.

I always laugh at these posts. Why try to attract attention? Just leave.

I understand what you're saying, but how are we possibly going to replace voodoo panini? Have you seen what's out there on other message boards? Where are we possibly going to find an ill-informed bandwagoner willing to defect to another team after we just traded for the best back in the league. You can't just find those guys. They aren't like NFL running backs who are a dime a dozen.

If you believe what you read, McCown chose the Browns over the Bills, because the Browns were guaranteeing McCown a starting job...that wasn't the case in Buffalo. It will be a competition.

I think the Bills are in the business of not guaranteeing anything to anyone. I think the Browns are in the business of telling you whatever it takes to get your name on the line.

I understand what you're saying, but how are we possibly going to replace voodoo panini? Have you seen what's out there on other message boards? Where are we possibly going to find an ill-informed bandwagoner willing to defect to another team after we just traded for the best back in the league. You can't just find those guys. They aren't like NFL running backs who are a dime a dozen.

Dr. Trooth is available, per source.

This deserves it's own thread. Could make "Should Mrags stay?" look like peewee football

That pick is essentially a 4th (though compensatory picks need to be factored).

How does the math add up to a 4th?

[edit]

Minny's '15 6th round is better than Bills' 7th rounder in '16. So the net is Bills realistically 5-1/2 th rounder this year for Cassell.

Edited by GG

once we are a playoff team we should lock the "doors". I despise bandwagon fans

The Vikings will get draft pick compensation for Cassel. According to Alex Marvez of FOX Sports, the Bills will trade the Buccaneers’ 2015 fifth-round pick (which the Bills acquired in a previous trade) for the Vikings’ 2015 sixth-round pick, and Buffalo will also give Minnesota a 2016 seventh-round pick.

Minny's '15 6th round is better than Bills' 7th rounder in '16. So the net is Bills realistically 5-1/2 th rounder this year for Cassell.

and hes arguing that it being the first pick of the 5th round means its essentially a 4th.... which we may as well call a 3 for dramatic purposes.

Edited by NoSaint

[edit]

It's our 1st of 2 5th rounders, which is Tampa's, ie the first pick of the 5th round.