Kiko's departure opens the door for David Harris

He's coming off a four year $36 million deal with $24.9 guaranteed. I read in a few places he will get between $6 million and $8 million per year and perhaps a contract close to what Dansby got last year four years for $24 million with $12 million guaranteed. Dansby was 33 and Harris is 31. Not sure if we get him as cheaply as people want and for a short term ($3 or $4 million for one year would be a steal if what I hear is accurate). As "Aristocrat" noted above, Harris coming off a solid season too, not on decline.

2014 stats: Recorded a team-high 124 tackles, including 73 solo. Also had six sacks, five tackles-for-loss and two forced fumbles. He played 99.4 percent of the defensive snaps.

And he'll also have more than a few suitors. Rex can get him but it won't be on the cheap according to what I see out there.

Spikes reputation against the run is blown out of proportion. He is on the field for running downs in the base or goal line defense and plays the run well. When teams force the D into the nickel, he can neither defend the pass nor stuff the run very well do to the spaces involved. He is a run plugger when he can sift through traffic and have very little pass defense responsibilities. Harris can drop into zones and handle his business even in the nickel. Spikes and Alonso were going to be part-time players at best for the Bills in 2015.

I remember really wanting Harris when he was a FA a few years back before re-signing with the Jets. I just hope that if we get him, with his age he doesn't turn into the second coming of Eddie Robinson.....