Bills to trade Kiko Alonso for LeSean McCoy

CNY315

Kind of like Dick Jauron? Where is that guy now?

Actually Jauron's pretty different, he got work as a DC but retired to take care of his wife. I think you're doing a disservice by comparing him to Marrone.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Despite his stellar year in 2014, Murray is very underrated. So many are quick to credit the Dallas offensive line for his production last season, but his efficiency over the duration of his career has remained steady. He was more or less as good in 2014 as he's ever been, but several contributing factors (including improved O-line play, health, etc) lead to his dominant statistics.

Having said that, despite the fact Murray is an excellent RB, McCoy is the superior talent. I'd welcome either on the Bills from a talent perspective, but if I could choose I'd choose LeSean.

Meaningless poll. Both top backs in their prime. I like McCoy because he has more dynamic big play capability.

what it does show is that it's not the slam dunk some think around here that McCoy > Murray.

IMO Murray is better too.

But more importantly, if you put them in the same category, then the combination of Murray + Kiko for the same price > McCoy alone .... that's the real comparison.

what it does show is that it's not the slam dunk some think around here that McCoy > Murray.

But more importantly, if you put them in the same category, then the combination of Murray + Kiko for the same price > McCoy alone .... that's the real comparison.

That only works if you think we stood a chance of signing Murray. Otherwise, it's apples and oranges. Murray likely only went to the Beagles because well they're the beagles and they have Chip Kelly. Without that trade we have Freddy as our best RB, and likely Kiko as a 1 or 2 down LB at best.

Overall, great trade for both teams.

That only works if you think we stood a chance of signing Murray. Otherwise, it's apples and oranges. Murray likely only went to the Beagles because well they're the beagles and they have Chip Kelly. Without that trade we have Freddy as our best RB, and likely Kiko as a 1 or 2 down LB at best.

Overall, great trade for both teams.

He had a monster year with Dallas. He went from what many consider the best o-line in football and a playoff team, to a non-playoff team with a weaker oline. And why? Because Philly offered him $8 million more. You bet Im assuming the $2 million more we are paying McCoy gets Murray here, because it's an assumption supported by facts.

He had a monster year with Dallas. He went from what many consider the best o-line in football and a playoff team, to a non-playoff team with a weaker oline. And why? Because Philly offered him $8 million more. You bet Im assuming the $2 million more we are paying McCoy gets Murray here, because it's an assumption supported by facts.

McCoy is only 5 million against the cap this year, with the re-signing/restructure. Just like Murray is with Dallas. Again, Murray wasn't coming here just for the money. He also, went someplace with a better QB, better Oline.

McCoy is only 5 million against the cap this year, with the re-signing/restructure. Just like Murray is with Dallas. Again, Murray wasn't coming here just for the money. He also, went someplace with a better QB, better Oline.

that is excellent negotiations :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

if updated

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/

Cap Space (w/Top 51 & Projected Draft Pool) $11,878,962

Sign Clay now!!!

None of us really know what the Pegula's wanted to do. I am pretty sure Mr and Mrs Pegula are well versed in the art of negotiations. To say they wanted to keep Marrone and he left is what we been told But i really wonder if Marrone's services were wanted. OR the Pegula's knew how to force Marrone's hand. IE tell the ego maniac you are not getting more control, in fact you are getting less, forfeiture of control over your staff.

It will be interesting to watch Doug Marrone's career from here till he retires. Something tells me he will be a name in 15 years from now we will be scratching our heads to recall.

You are making up a scenario that is not based on reality. Whaley publicly stated that he was surprised when Marrone opted out of his contract, as it was allowed. Marrone made some requests regarding his staff and possibly relating to his authority. They were denied. But everyone in the organization, including the owner, thought Marrone was going to stay as the HC. Your description of the scene is very much off the mark.

The reality is that Rex was fired and Marrone was not. The team that Rex formerly coached was on a downard trajectory while Marrone's team was on an upward trajectory. Marrone's two year record with the Bills was better than Rex's two year record (during the same time frame). Competing head to head Marrone beat Rex more often.

In my view Marrone did the right thing in leaving the Bills. He and the GM were not in sync. Instead of being criticized DM should be praised for doing what was right for himself and for the organization. Instead of letting an irreconcilable situation between them get worse (and it would) he cut the chord and moved on. His moving on allowed the Pegulas to choose their own HC and give the organization a fresh start under the new ownership.

In my view based on his mediocre record Rex is not a better HC than Marrone. Having a different style or approach in itself doesn't make a HC better or not compared to his predecessor. But that's not to say he isn't a better fit for this organization. Without a doubt Rex is willing to be more collaborative within the organization.

The reason why I have so much commented on this topic is that I find the gratuitous distortions of each of these coaches' records objectionable. On the one had the boisterous critics make the claim that Marrone's successes are due to others and his failures are due to himself. On the other hand those same inconsistent boisterous critics make the claim that Rex's successes are his own and that his failures are due to others. Using a dual and flexible standard when making a comparison between the two HCs is patently unfair and illogical. What is good for the goose is good for the gander!

When was Rex's contract supposed to end in Jersey?

New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, whose job appeared to be in danger late in the season, signed a contract extension Thursday, the team confirmed

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/10303937/rex-ryan-coach-new-york-jets-reaches-agreement-contract-extension

So yes, you can say he was fired, or the NYETS FO changed their mind and went in a New Direction.

What is your take on when Marrone was shouting at Whaley at Fischer last summer?

are you sure DM was a happy camper?

Despite his stellar year in 2014, Murray is very underrated. So many are quick to credit the Dallas offensive line for his production last season, but his efficiency over the duration of his career has remained steady. He was more or less as good in 2014 as he's ever been, but several contributing factors (including improved O-line play, health, etc) lead to his dominant statistics.

Having said that, despite the fact Murray is an excellent RB, McCoy is the superior talent. I'd welcome either on the Bills from a talent perspective, but if I could choose I'd choose LeSean.

RB's with more than 370 carries in a season decline and decline quickly following that season throughout NFL history unless their name was Eric Dickerson as studied by Pro Football Outsiders a few years ago...they aren't getting the player they think they are...

not going to let this go are you?