Marcus Easley- Do the Bills resign the S/T ace?

Glad they want him back and hoping they can get it done. Feels like the type of guy that they could lock-up before free agency. if he hits the market, I think he will likely find a suitor looking for a stud special teamer like we were with Boobie last year.

honestly, with all the special teams talent we have brought in and the struggles in the passing game -- id probably lean towards taking a shot at a guy that contributes on offense if it became a choose one or the other situation

Easley is our Steve Tasker. he deserves a spot on the team

Instead of taking a guess based on memory, I'll just ask.... He missed a good bit of time last year. He still lead the unit in tackles but did we suffer much without? My impression was not really.

Butwithout a replacement WR on the table my commentary isn't terribly relevant

The guy is excellent on special teams. I don't know how he does it, but he's always in great position to make a play on the returner right as the ball is being caught.

Would be a significant loss if he walks, in my opinion.

He was on a Sirius talk show last week. He hasn't met the coaching staff, and noted not meeting the WR coach. But he thinks the staff is very good. He mentioned all of his struggles and how he's overcome them. And he wants an opportunity to play and have a breakout season. I'm paraphasing from memory. It sounded like he was hoping for a chance somewhere else where he could get some playing time at wr.

Edited by Thrivefourfive

Thank god for a thread that will take at least 5 pages before it turns into an EJ thread. :worthy:

And Easley is a solid, core player. I would be really disappointed if we lost him for any reason. You cannot field 53 stars in the salary cap era.

The only thing that might work against him, both here and elsewhere, is this creeping trend toward using actual starters on "Teams."

Easley is gold.

Edited by maddenboy

Instead of taking a guess based on memory, I'll just ask.... He missed a good bit of time last year. He still lead the unit in tackles but did we suffer much without? My impression was not really.

Butwithout a replacement WR on the table my commentary isn't terribly relevant

My recollection is that we went from very very good to very good then back to very very good.

Easley is on the back burner till Hughes and other soon to be priority FAs are dealt with. He is a special teams beast hopefully he is re-signed once things settle down.

Other than one preseason he hasn't shown much at receiver maybe he gets a shot this year if they don't sign another guy. It is clear the Bills are looking for a bigger WR/TE when they were sniffing around Brandon Marshall.

Edited by billieve420