Pennington's comments at the NFL combine....

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And Orton didn't?? I can recall 4 poor passes that if not for Sammy contorted themselves make circus catch attempts would have gone for pick 6's against Kyle.

I have provided the reason why EJ was "benched". You can choose to ignore that bit of the truth all you want. There is no way for a QB to truly develop unless he's on the field, with smart coached behind him and not holding a grudge against the GM.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24738411/bills-benched-ej-manuel-in-part-because-he-put-wideouts-in-danger

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Foles was put in place because Michael Vick got benched. For theatseason, Vick has thrown for 2,165 yards, 11 total touchdowns and nine interceptions with a 58.5 completion percentage.

Then the following season Foles got benched and then Shankchez, back and forth it went.

3 QB's all benched because they had issues!!!

Nope, no he didn't. He only threw for 3 INT's in 7 games. Vick was replaced by Foles, who excelled incredibly in Kelly's system. Foles definitely took a step back in 2014 statistically but he led the Eagles to a 7-2 record before getting hurt. Then Sanchez took over and actually played fairly decently through the end of the season. So no, he did not get benched either. In fact, only Vick was benched (was he hurt too actually??) I don't even know why we're arguing at this point. Is this somehow your defense of EJ Manuel or something?

Foles was put in place because Michael Vick got benched. For theatseason, Vick has thrown for 2,165 yards, 11 total touchdowns and nine interceptions with a 58.5 completion percentage.

Then the following season Foles got benched and then Shankchez, back and forth it went.

3 QB's all benched because they had issues!!!

Foles was never benched.

I thought this was going to be real draft information...

Nope just another bills fan 4 ever train wreck/meltdown thread.

And Orton didn't?? I can recall 4 poor passes that if not for Sammy contorted themselves make circus catch attempts would have gone for pick 6's against Kyle.

I have provided the reason why EJ was "benched". You can choose to ignore that bit of the truth all you want. There is no way for a QB to truly develop unless he's on the field, with smart coached behind him and not holding a grudge against the GM.

Also can you please cite the four instances where Watkins made circus catches that had he not made, a defender would have caught the ball instead and ran it back for a touchdown?

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Exactly how I feel, especially the last part.

EJ has always impressed me more when he's playing "fast", 2 minute drills, 4th quarter/OT, etc... he seems to play more aggressive, moves around a bit, and is more natural. I'm not an expert, but I always got the impression for a good part of the game he was overthinking what his coaches were drilling in to him, but when forced to "just play" he did well.

I've been saying the samething for two years.

Foles was never benched.

I stand corrected

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/09/poll_should_nick_foles_have_been_benched_for_mark_sanchez.html

So why are they asking this

POLL: Should Nick Foles have been benched for Mark Sanchez?

Nope just another bills fan 4 ever train wreck/meltdown thread.

Also can you please cite the four instances where Watkins made circus catches that had he not made, a defender would have caught the ball instead and ran it back for a touchdown?

yawn.gif

Start at 1:28

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

You know that was a poll asking if he SHOULD have been benched... But if you read he story it says good thing he WASN'T benched.

"Hindsight is 20/20, and clearly Kelly's decision to stick with Foles was a good one, as he lead the team back for a 34-17 win."

Edited by Beef Jerky

EJ should get this year because a) I think Marrone and Hackett were ruining him (and suck in general), b) he's still young and cheap, and c) there are no other real choices.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. My hopes for EJ are pretty low at this point, but not zero. I'm willing to suffer through a terrible season with EJ proving conclusively that he's a bust in order to take the (10%?) chance that he'll actually turn into a really good QB. Because in terms of FA options, that chance is 0%, and for rookies in this year's draft, it's probably something like 5%. Focus this offseason on building the line and getting a TE, plus re-signing our own guys where we can. If Manuel turns it around, awesome! If not, we part ways and probably have a high pick to draft another QB with.

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/09/poll_should_nick_foles_have_been_benched_for_mark_sanchez.html

POLL: Should Nick Foles have been benched for Mark Sanchez?

yawn.gif

Start at 1:28

Can you please stop with the yawning guy? OK so in the video, Watkins makes a great catch against Detroit, that we all remember, on a poorly thrown ball. I'm not sure that video provides evidence that it would have been a pick six had he not made the catch. Plus that is only one catch. Where are the other three? The other catch he makes against Detroit in the video was on a well thrown ball that he bobbled. So far in this thread alone, you have stated that 1. no former successful NFL QB's have gone on to make good analysts, 2. QB's have been unable to succeed in Chip Kelly's fast paced offense, 3. Foles and Sanchez were both benched by the Eagles, 4. Michael Vick threw 9 INT's in 2013 (he threw 3), 5. EJ Manuel was "benched," meaning he really wasn't benched and 6. Four times last season that you can recall specifically, Watkins made acrobatic catches thrown by Orton that would have undoubtedly been returned for touchdowns by the defender had he not made the catch. I mean are you serious dude? At what point are you just going to give this whole thing up? Are you going to take your mask off at some point and be like, hey guys you're on candid website, I've been f***ing with you guys the whole time! This was comical a long time ago, it is becoming hard to believe.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

please read every other EJ threads. EJ was a rookie thrown in to a fast paced professional O even a seasoned QB has struggles with. SEE the Eagles!!! 2nd year 3rd QB?

Why was EJ really benched after week 4? Performance or in deference to a seasoned 50% QB named Orton???

WRT to Chad Pennington

Those than can do, those that can't teach or analyze

Are you intending to imply that Pennington couldn't "do" as an NFL QB? Seriously?

Pennington... Chad Pennington? Mr Noodle Arm? This Guy?

umm yes

OK, this tells me what I need to know. Thank you.

(For those who are educable, Pennington had a number of quite good years on a usually quite bad Jets team, had a good year in Miami at age 32, then suffered career-ending shoulder injuries in 2009 and 2010. At one point he was the NFL's all time career leader in completion percentage at 66%.)

I would be ecstatic if the Bills had a QB like Pennington was in his 20's to go with our current defense, and so would Rex and Roman.