Man asks Costco to reassign him. Costco reassigns him.

Beerball

all y'all are doing it again. Do you want me to call your father?

My father owned a restaurant so he worked 7 days, open till close with a small break in the early afternoon for a quick nap. The most frightening question my mother could ask was "do you want me to call your father?" Scratch that...the most frightening thing was when she made us call him ourselves to tell what stupid thing we had done.

Punishments that most definitely do not fit the crime will be doled out if y'all don't drop the nonsense.

When I was a teenager and worked as a bagger for Kroger I had to bag AND wrangle the carts (AND push the cart out to the car of the shopper and load it into their trunk if they wanted.) Kids today, Jeesh.

When I was a teenager and worked as a bagger for Kroger I had to bag AND wrangle the carts (AND push the cart out to the car of the shopper and load it into their trunk if they wanted.) Kids today, Jeesh.

he's an adult

and the alcohol is in bottles and cans. his lawsuit is BS.

When you apply you put down what you want to do, if you leave it blank and take the job IMO don't care what you do.

If you did care, you would then specify what you wanted to do and if you couldn't get it, (a) not take the job, or (b) quit

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I wonder if he knows which direction Mecca is in so he can stop pushing carts and pray 3 times a day.

Doesn't need to know. He just listens for the Muezzin app w/adhan alarm on his phone and the GPS does all the work. And really, it's really only one prayer smack dab in the middle of his lunch break. The others are before or after his shift. :nana:

its 5 times a day (isn't it?)

DOH 3 times is the work day!!

my bad

And even that, probably only one or two prayers falls during his work shift of 8 hours... Lunch and afternoon break probably cover those two.

Don't get me wrong, I think the suit is crazy!

I think this lawsuit is BS. If you cant perform the duties of the job you get fired plain and simple. But couldn't the guy just wear gloves and problem solved?

You know what it is. It is like how our society has evolved (if you want to call it that) into "LAMP" culture or attention seeking. Most feel their position deeply. This is okay, if it is truly harmless. Underneath it all, he really wants to stay a bagger while summoning somebody else to deal with the booze and pork, that way he gets his "LAMP." I commend Costco for cutting him off @ the pass and not enabling him to pull this BS. It's very unproductive if they have to call somebody else in to bag certain groceries, you already have to hold things up if you get an underage cashier and alcohol. I have no desire to deal with what the bagger thinks of my groceries, that's not why they are there. Put him some other place where he can be more productive.

OTOH - I could see where many would love the job of cart wrangler. you get paid for doing very little, and you don't have to deal with customers

I loved it, just for the reasons you mentioned. While others would just get the carts from the corrals, I'd go all over the parking lot, even pulling them out of snow banks in the winter where the plow would push them, or they rolled down there (our parking lot was on a small hill)

Target had a similar issue eight years ago....

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/17665989/ns/business-us_business/t/target-shifts-muslims-who-wont-ring-pork/