Man asks Costco to reassign him. Costco reassigns him.

Beerball

LOL, as a costco employee, i only have one thing to say, just about everybody pushes carts(even I did. for about 9 months). Women used to get a pass because of the difficult and dangerous nature, but now they have push carts and security, so even women have to push carts.

Costco is all about diversity and tolerance, but there is always somebody who claims to have a problem. Granted, there are still racists and bigots and discriminatory people in management, but they get fired before too long. Some always find there way through the process, but ultimately reveal themselves...

This particular case sounds like the guy was planning on suing from before he even applied for a job. Costco would not have even known about his religion, as they are unable to ask about it. So within days of being hired on to the front end as a bagger(like most new employees), he objects, threatens, and then gets fired. then sues. What? he didn't know Costco carries pork? Sure he didn't.

would you go from indoors to outdoors in wind, rain, (possibly extreme) heat and cold? just asking

When you'd been on the job a couple days? Common man...guy should never have accepted the job knowing that he'd come in contact with pork and liquor. Don't most applications have something like "is there any reason why you cannot perform the duties that you are applying for?"

would you go from indoors to outdoors in wind, rain, (possibly extreme) heat and cold? just asking

You would if your boss told you to. And if you chose not to, your boss could fire you, or you could quit and find another job.

He's not entitled to a job at Costco.

This is pretty clearly set up by the guy to grab some cash because you would have to be a massive dumbass to take a job at Costco and suddenly be surprised that you are asked to be around pork and alcohol.

That's like somebody buying a house near the Airport and then complaining about the noise!

Costco didn't just begin selling pork. And when Costco sells pork, as with all their other products, they sell it in large quantities. As far as I know, they all sell beer & wine, and a few even have their own liquor departments. So, from the start, Costco was not a good place for a devout Muslim to seek employment. Many times you can be devout and stupid all at the same time!

The environmentalists should also note,they sell a lot of Gasoline& Tires too!

This is probably all lost on the BUF homeboys because there is no Costco in WNY.

When you'd been on the job a couple days? Common man...guy should never have accepted the job knowing that he'd come in contact with pork and liquor. Don't most applications have something like "is there any reason why you cannot perform the duties that you are applying for?"

first off .... I'd not have applied to Costco in the first place, or at least not without a specific position in mind. I'd have asked specifically for work in Electronics, Furniture or even floor sweeper.

secondly did I say he was right or not?

All I was saying is that had I been working inside then told to go huff carts I might get a tad bit upset.

If you want to get political - The first thing the guy should have done was to tell his employers that he wouldn't touch booze or pork. Then his employer should have given him his options. then there would be no issue.

OTOH - I could see where many would love the job of cart wrangler. you get paid for doing very little, and you don't have to deal with customers

You would if your boss told you to. And if you chose not to, your boss could fire you, or you could quit and find another job.

He's not entitled to a job at Costco.

This is pretty clearly set up by the guy to grab some cash because you would have to be a massive dumbass to take a job at Costco and suddenly be surprised that you are asked to be around pork and alcohol.

thank you for also misconstruing what I posted., a GOLD star for you.

WOW you guys at the PPP sure do live in a distorted world. Yup it was his plan all along. Get a job so he could get fired and sue.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

first off .... I'd not have applied to Costco in the first place, or at least not without a specific position in mind. I'd have asked specifically for work in Electronics, Furniture or even floor sweeper.

All I was saying is that had I been working inside then told to go huff carts I might get a tad bit upset.

If you want to get political - The first thing the guy should have done was to tell his employers that he wouldn't touch booze or pork. Then his employer should have given him his options. then there would be no issue.

OTOH - I could see where many would love the job of cart wrangler. you get paid for doing very little, and you don't have to deal with customers

WOW you guys at the PPP sure do live in a distorted world. Yup it was his plan all along. Get a job so he could get fired and sue.

touchy?

If by outdoors in wind, rain, (possible extreme) heat and cold you mean the unemployment line the answer is no. I'd do what I was told.

If he wants to get political? So for those of us who post on PPP we can't discuss anything without, in your mind anyway, make it political? Who's making it political?

touchy?

It's a stoner thing I guess.

touchy?

touchy? to you, nope.

I attempted to make a simple comment. others expounded.

touchy? Others yup

-----------------------

in your dreams Chef.

I haven't had a smoke in a while.

what's your excuse?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

to you, nope. Others yup

in your dreams Chef.

I haven't had a smoke in a while.

what's your excuse?

Well based on the posts above yours pulling the politics card is pretty touchy.

And my excuse for being calm cool and collected? I don't know living the good life I guess. Sounds like you're jonesing for a splif mon.