Devin McCourty

Virgil

I know he was a Pat, but I want him. Not only for his ability, but for his knowledge of the Pats. This guy ran their defense. He played against the Pats in practice. He's a great player and we have money.

Him and Aaron Williams will solidify an amazing defense. I think it actually could me a lot of sense and we have the money.

Imagine signing him, two guards, AP or DeMarco Murray (Or drafting one high), and re-signing Hughes. We aren't going to find a rock star QB, but I'm still in on trying to trade for Bradford.

Our team would be there and it's really not that insane to think about

Um,guys? Doug Whaley doesn't value safeties?

he gave out a big contract to Aaron Williams which is the reason he doesn't want to give Searcy one.

I would also consider Dewan landry a cheaper and maybe better alternative to mcCourty and he knows Rex's defense.

Um,guys? Doug Whaley doesn't value safeties?

he gave out a big contract to Aaron Williams which is the reason he doesn't want to give Searcy one.

I would also consider Dewan landry a cheaper and maybe better alternative to mcCourty and he knows Rex's defense.

williams is only the 10th highest paid safety. which is still a solid contract, no doubt.... but not exactly the "cant afford searcy" type, unless we have a very low spending ceiling at the position.

McCourty/AW tandem is certainly a formidable one, but I don't think that's where Whaley wants to put his $. If he is going to pay for McCourty, he would certainly be able to afford Searcy, which is rumored not to be the case. I know it would be paying for an elite safety over a serviceable one, but still.