Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

That is your opinion. To limit useless arguments I will point to the now 84.3 % who disagree with you.,

huh? So no franchise QB can succeed unless he has a franchise QB to guide him? is that what I just read?

Seattle Seahawks > Russel Wilson learned from whom and for how long?

Indianapolis Colts > Andrew Luck learned from whom and for how long?

I never said EJ is GOD and deserves all, I have said he needs to prove to us he is capable. That means he has to be the starter for all of 2015 (barring injury of course)

The difference being lost here is ---- It's too early to call him a failure

No they don't disagree with me. I already said I would vote yes. He will probably will start for the Bills at some point. Do you think Josh McCown can be the starter for the Browns? Please answer that question.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No they don't disagree with me. I already said I would vote yes. He will probably will start for the Bills at some point. Do you think Josh McCown can be the starter for the Browns? Please answer that question.

you defer to a default with EJ and that is your problem,

only if Johnny Manziel grows up and kicks his drinking / partying habit will he be the starter.

IMO McCown went to Cleveland because they said he could be the starter over Johnny Futball

He didn't go to Buffalo because they told him he his chances of starting were nil.

I tried this line of reasoning, it went right over his head. Let him rant on...

I am willing to give up the argument after 2 or 3 rounds and usually do every day WEO., but Metz begged me to reply and I did,

you know my stance. with the likes of all the has beens provided as competition EJ can "win" the starting position.

only if Johnny Manziel grows up and kicks his drinking / partying habit will he be the starter.

IMO McCown went to Cleveland because they said he could be the starter over Johnny Futball

He didn't go to Buffalo because they told him he his chances of starting were nil.

I am willing to give up the argument after 2 or 3 rounds and usually do every day WEO., but Metz begged me to reply and I did,

you know my stance. with the likes of all the has beens provided as competition EJ can "win" the starting position.

Maybe this is where some of the disconnect is? He absolutely can win the job. That doesn't mean that the Bills are in good shape at the position. I don't care who plays the position as long as it is played well.

yet you EJ haters contribute to it all the time.

I liked TBD when we could have intelligent conversation.

agree to disagree and stop mentioning it 10 times a day or creating skewed polls to twist peoples opinions and then so this BS can stop,

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

yet you EJ haters contribute to it all the time.

agree to disagree and stop mentioning it 10 times a day or creating skewed polls to twist peoples opinions and then so this BS can stop,

I have no agendas. All that I want is the Bills to do well. I just try to be objective when analyzing them. Edited by Kirby Jackson

So then yes that means McCown can be a starter, right? That is what people are saying about EJ in your poll. It is by no means an endorsement of his abilities. Geno Smith can be certainly be the Jets' starter this year, right? Hey let me ask you this: Let's say that we we're both at the same Bills game one time and happened to be tailgating next to each other. And we got to talking about the Bills- "The defense sure looks great, huh?" "Cheers to that!" "How bout that catch Watkins made! That was awesome!" "Man Mario sure turned out to be worth that contract! How would've thought?" Maybe I toss you a cold one and we're buddies, right? And then you ask me, "So what do you think about EJ Manuel? Think he's got what it takes?" And then I said, "I don't know man. He seems like a great kid- I liked the pick at the time and I'm really pulling for him but man, from what I've seen so far, my gut is telling me that I just don't think he's got what it takes." Would you immediately turn off the music, point your finger in my face and start yelling "HATER! HATER! Guys get over here. Lookey what we got here, an EJ hater..." Ya know it's OK for people who have been watching football for a long time and seen lots of quarterbacks come and go to opine that they don't believe a certain QB is going to develop into a franchise QB. Is that fair enough?

So then yes that means McCown can be a starter, right? That is what people are saying about EJ in your poll. It is by no means an endorsement of his abilities. Geno Smith can be certainly be the Jets' starter this year, right? Hey let me ask you this: Let's say that we we're both at the same Bills game one time and happened to be tailgating next to each other. And we got to talking about the Bills- "The defense sure looks great, huh?" "Cheers to that!" "How bout that catch Watkins made! That was awesome!" "Man Mario sure turned out to be worth that contract! How would've thought?" Maybe I toss you a cold one and we're buddies, right? And then you ask me, "So what do you think about EJ Manuel? Think he's got what it takes?" And then I said, "I don't know man. He seems like a great kid- I liked the pick at the time and I'm really pulling for him but man, from what I've seen so far, my gut is telling me that I just don't think he's got what it takes." Would you immediately turn off the music, point your finger in my face and start yelling "HATER! HATER! Guys get over here. Lookey what we got here, an EJ hater..." Ya know it's OK for people who have been watching football for a long time and seen lots of quarterbacks come and go to opine that they don't believe a certain QB is going to develop into a franchise QB. Is that fair enough?

That sounds likely.

Apparently you either have to have a hall of fame QB, or no QB. There's no room for QBs of lesser talent on this team. Might as well cut EJ and Tuel, and hope we can find a way to land Rodgers.

Who said that? Trent Edwards was not "no QB." He was a QB. Did you want to keep him?

Who said that? Trent Edwards was not "no QB." He was a QB. Did you want to keep him?

If he was 14 games into his career, and there were no sure free agent improvements, I'd certainly be invested in seeing if he can develop or not. That was my point earlier, but it got shot down *shrugs*

Fact is, everyone available to us in FA is about the same level as EJ. Locker is the closest in terms of youth/possible upside.

So everyone clamoring for EJ to be cut, or stomping their feet that he sucks, is just gonna have to deal with it, so to speak. The most logical solution is to bring in a couple guys, have them fight it out in camp, and if it's at all close, you develop the young guy with the most upside. If he develops over the course of the year, awesome. If he doesn't, then you go back to the drawing board the next offseason.

Edited by Dorkington

If he was 14 games into his career, and there were no sure improvements, I'd certainly be invested in seeing if he can develop or not. That was my point earlier, but it got shot down *shrugs*

I just think the whole "14 games" thing is misleading. It is the number one talking point thrown around by EJ dreamers. He only got to play in 14 games because a) he had a horror show of an offseason in his second season and then b) lost his job to an aging veteran who ending up sucking himself but was still viewed as giving them a better chance to win than Manuel. Otherwise he'd have played in more games.