Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ can be Ryan Fitzpatrick, or Kyle Orton. Yippie!

He could be Ryan Leaf, or Peyton Manning too... it's too early to tell this early in the game, imo. Sure, slim possibility that he's either of the two I mentioned, and more likely he's along the lines of what you mentioned... but frankly a middle of the road QB is pretty common. We certainly aren't getting a top 10 QB this offseason, but we do have a guy that could possibly (again slim chances) develop into one.

He could be Ryan Leaf, or Peyton Manning too... it's too early to tell this early in the game, imo. Sure, slim possibility that he's either of the two I mentioned, and more likely he's along the lines of what you mentioned... but frankly a middle of the road QB is pretty common. We certainly aren't getting a top 10 QB this offseason, but we do have a guy that could possibly (again slim chances) develop into one.

Actually i can safely say with no doubt he will never be Peyton or Leaf... Leaf was a troubled man, EJ has a better head on his shoulders. Peyton showed more intelligence of the game in his first years then EJ has.

Now if you said Dalton and Big Ben then that would be an easier pill to swallow.

Actually i can safely say with no doubt he will never be Peyton or Leaf... Leaf was a troubled man, EJ has a better head on his shoulders. Peyton showed more intelligence of the game in his first years then EJ has.

Now if you said Dalton and Big Ben then that would be an easier pill to swallow.

It was an example of extreme possibilities with very slim chances of happening. :)

No, no, you misunderstand. This poll is asking if EJ can be the Bills starter. Which, looking at the last 5 years, means can he be Orton/Fitz. And the OP is super excited about the faith that EJ can play at that level. Great.

not true. Other polls asked if he was a FRANCHISE QB.

I am simply asking if EJ is capable of being the starting QB for Buffalo, the Poll is to determine the number or Bills fans that think EJ can succeed versus those (the detractors) who believe EJ is a total bust

Since he has been the starter week 1 in each of his first 2 seasons, your question has been answered.

The only question left to answer is if he is a franchise QB, which has already been asked.

No, no, you misunderstand. This poll is asking if EJ can be the Bills starter. Which, looking at the last 5 years, means can he be Orton/Fitz. And the OP is super excited about the faith that EJ can play at that level. Great.

Playing at that level is certainly better than playing at the level of many other QBs in the league. I'd rather have Orton/Fitz while we search for Brady, than have Geno. It's not an all or nothing thing, imo.

[86.11%] say YES.

to all the whiners here (aka EJ detractors) now that the poll is definitely against you, man are you getting pissed

yes I keep ignoring you because you are a huge freaking EJ hating TROLL!!! .

see above - now that the poll is definitely against you, man are you getting pissed

You, Kirby and Chan can take a slice of [86.11%] say YES. humble pie and eat it.

Dude. I would vote yes. He will probably start another game for the Bills. That means yes he can be a starter for the Bills. Will you please tell me if you think EJ Manuel is going to develop into a successful, viable franchise QB for the Bills and be their starting QB on opening day 3 years from now. I do not. Once again, what do you think? I'm being honest here, I'm not trying to troll you. And if because I feel this way that makes me a "hater," then so be it.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

Since he has been the starter week 1 in each of his first 2 seasons, your question has been answered.

The only question left to answer is if he is a franchise QB, which has already been asked.

and again WEO with a sample size of 14 games and an apparent HC (head case) HC we don't know.

Give it 16 more games and then we can make an much better analysis of the worthiness of EJ

Was Aaron Rogers a Franchise QB when he sat on the bench?

Was Steve Young a Franchise QB when he sat on the bench?

Was Trent Dilfer a Franchise QB when he won a SB? oops sorry,, typo

Dude. I would vote yes. He will probably start another game for the Bills. That means yes he can be a starter for the Bills. Will you please tell me if you think EJ Manuel is going to develop into a successful, viable franchise QB for the Bills and be their starting QB on opening day 3 years from now. I do not. Once again, what do you think? I'm being honest here, I'm not trying to troll you. And if because I feel this way that makes me a "hater," then so be it.

how thick are you?

just to pacify you I answered what I feel comfortable with., fair enough?

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

and again WEO with a sample size of 14 games and an apparent HC (head case) HC we don't know.

Give it 16 more games and then we can make an much better analysis of the worthiness of EJ

how thick are you?

Yeah but why are you being a dick? OK so you think EJ Manuel is going to emerge as the Bills' starting QB and play well enough to be their best option and keep the job for years to come. I do not. I guess we'll see what happens. Once again, I hope you're right. And also Steve Young and Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench because they were developing under Joe Montana and Brett Favre, respectively. Not because they lost their job to an aging Kyle Orton who clearly didn't even want to be there.

metzelaars_lives, why am i being a dick? me? are you sure it's not all of the EJ haters I mean detractors?

answer this because the same applies to EJ

is Kiko Alonso a Franchise guy? - too early to tell
is Sammy Watkins a Franchise guy?- too early to tell
is CJ Spiller a Franchise guy? - too early to tell
is Aaron Williams a Franchise guy? - too early to tell

and I hope I'm right too. Actually I hope I can be proved wrong at this time and EJ is a franchise QB

why am i being a dick?

All four of those guys have shown that they are capable of being solid starters in this league. EJ has not. Yes of course Sammy Watkins is a franchise WR. And yes Alonso and Aaron Williams are solid starters at worst. So yes.

metzelaars_lives, why am i being a dick? me? are you sure it's not all of the EJ haters I mean detractors?

and I hope I'm right too. Actually I hope I can be proved wrong at this time and EJ is a franchise QB

Here's the crux our miscommunication problem: most people believe that it is OK to have an opinion as to whether or not they think it's going to work out for a certain player. For instance, I happen to think Robert Woods is going to be very good. I happen to think Jonathan Meeks will not. Does that make me a Jonathan Meeks hater? I mean, we've seen less of Jonathan Meeks than we have of EJ Manuel. Why can't some of us just say that we don't think it's happening for the guy. And once again, your poll doesn't prove anything. What if I started a poll "do you think Josh McCown can be the starter for the Browns?" Well it would be 100% yes. How in any way does that speak to McCown's abilities?

its too early to determine that.

Another item you wish to ignore is that you don't truly need a Franchise QB to win.

If Franchise QB is your criteria why all of these other no bodies? Do you want to tell us Orton was a Franchise QB, or Shankchez is a Franchise QB, or McCown is Franchise QB or any other FA's out there you prefer in Buffalo!!! ???

I am not a fan of any of those guys. I have been a fan of trading for a guy and hoping to get lucky. It's unlikely that the bills have a franchise type of QB this year.

Playing at that level is certainly better than playing at the level of many other QBs in the league. I'd rather have Orton/Fitz while we search for Brady, than have Geno. It's not an all or nothing thing, imo.

Playing at that level is less than average.

how thick are you?

EJ needs to earn the job first... Steve Young and Rodgers had franchise QBs in front of them... Edited by Beef Jerky

All four of those guys have shown that they are capable of being solid starters in this league. EJ has not. Yes of course Sammy Watkins is a franchise WR. And yes Alonso and Aaron Williams are solid starters at worst. So yes.

That is your opinion. To limit useless arguments I will point to the now 84.3 % who disagree with you.,

EJ needs to earn the job first... Steve Young and Rodgers had franchise QBs in front of them...

huh? So no franchise QB can succeed unless he has a franchise QB to guide him? is that what I just read?

Seattle Seahawks > Russel Wilson learned from whom and for how long?

Indianapolis Colts > Andrew Luck learned from whom and for how long?

I never said EJ is GOD and deserves all, I have said he needs to prove to us he is capable. That means he has to be the starter for all of 2015 (barring injury of course)

The difference being lost here is ---- It's too early to call him a failure