Is EJ a franchise QB?

Kirby Jackson

Is EJ a franchise QB?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that EJ will be a franchise QB?

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted "no" but it doesn't mean he can't be a very good backup, which is an important and valued position on any team.

He's not expensive and seems to be a good locker room presence. In a league that only has 16 or so 'franchise' QBs, this fact shouldn't warrent the "cut him now" retoric...

This poll stemmed from a conversation elsewhere. There are no "it depends" options. Do you believe that he will be a franchise QB?

You should KNOW you can't ask simple questions like this... :thumbsup:

I voted "no" but it doesn't mean he can't be a very good backup, which is an important and valued position on any team.

He's not expensive and seems to be a good locker room presence. In a league that only has 16 or so 'franchise' QBs, this fact shouldn't warrent the "cut him now" retoric...

then you let the EJ haters win.

Kirby did this to prove that my assessment that more people feel EJ can succeed over those that are pure detractors to be incorrect.

For a reference let's use Ryan Tannehill as the cutoff for franchise QB.

I voted yes prior to this post, but this cements it for me. If Tannehill is how low the bar is set, then EJ absolutely could achieve franchise status.

then you let the EJ haters win.

Kirby did this to prove that my assessment that more people feel EJ can succeed over those that are pure detractors to be incorrect.

I did it EXACTLY for the opposite reason. Who thinks he will be a franchise QB and who thinks that he won't be? We don't need a bunch of disclaimers. I think Derek Carr will be and Blake Bortles won't be. I may be wrong on that but I can't look back on it in 5 years to make my decision.

No sour grapes because you thought that only 7 people on here don't think that he is a franchise guy. My guess is about 50/50.

I say yes. Currently I live by the belief he wasn't coached or game planned to his strengths and feel that the coaching staff had him so afraid to make a mistake he was thinking far too much instead of just making plays.

That's right. The Qb coach screwed him up. Like I said. Let him throw the damn ball.

I voted yes prior to this post, but this cements it for me. If Tannehill is how low the bar is set, then EJ absolutely could achieve franchise status.

The question isn't if he could, it's if he will be. You should delete your vote unless you are absolutely sure he will be, or won't be a franchise QB.