Jeep Cherokee Limited

dib

So if I move to Buffalo from San Diego my 2012 Jeep will start to rust from the salt? Can I spray an undercoat to prevent rust?

If you're near the ocean you've already been exposed to salt. I have found that traditionally undercoats arent worth the expense

Are there any undercoats that pardon the expression are worth their salt?

cant help you there, all i know is that if you try to file a claim if underbody damage occurs( due to salt corrosion, etc) after getting it undercoated the company will fight you every step of the way that its not their fault/responsibility

Are there any undercoats that pardon the expression are worth their salt?

Keep it flushed out. Spray oil under it every year Linseed oil or chain saw oil mixed with used oil. The body mount area is really bad ,front fenders, back panel under rear door. Front floor pan. Just a rust bucket up north. Cherokee has rocker panel and rear quarter panel rust problems. Quarters are filled with foam,when a seam leaks ,its over. rust city.

I don't own one, but, I would not buy one due to all the negative stuff on the message boards.........where there is smoke, there is fire.

I'm a cheap azz, and I get every mile out of what I drive....every reasonable mile. 265,000 on my current ride with little to no issues.

Jeeps just don't seem to offer that dependability imo.

It's funny about Jeep. There are a ton of bad reviews but there are two tons of good reviews. Just like anything there are good and bad reviews. A lot depends on how you treat it and what your plan is; so figure out your plan and treat it right. If you plan to keep your Jeep until the wheels fall off you'll treat it differently then if you plan to resell it in 5 years.

Pull the cover off the seat control . Get your jumper box and 2 wires . find which 2 holes in the switch control the seat. Put it where you want.

Yep! I found the instructions on The Net. Have the power wire and ground right there. The tricky part is they made two of the three control connectors very short... You have to be stretch armstrong to reach under the seat... Gonna wait till it warms up! I suppose, I could go right to the motor, but that's a pain too... Buried in back behind pastic. Oh well, it is stuck in a not too bad position, not too close (for son and wife) and not too far (my memory position).

Don`t move to Pa. It will start to rot instantly. 35yrs auto body exp. here.

And the new Jeep Wrangler JK (since 2007) is "body on panel." No more classic Jeep "tub" like since the dawn of The Jeep 60 years earlier... TJ, YJ, CJ and prior.

I don't own one, but, I would not buy one due to all the negative stuff on the message boards.........where there is smoke, there is fire.

I'm a cheap azz, and I get every mile out of what I drive....every reasonable mile. 265,000 on my current ride with little to no issues.

Jeeps just don't seem to offer that dependability imo.

Service life is generally 100-150k... Eventually things break down and need to be replaced. The classic Jeeps are the best... Sucks having to tear in get to "rubber band" timing belts @ 100k when the classic chains would last for 250. And even if you throw one, the engine won't get puked like in an interference engine. The classic Jeeps simply couldn't be beat for dependabilty. Unfortunately, they had to change with the times to meet Federal safety and fuel requirements. Last big safety change came in 2007 when they also redesigned the Wrangler. Jeep could have quite and said it was too hard, but they didn't and struck gold. I guess you have to hand it to them!