Jeep Cherokee Limited

dib

Cherokee Limited? What year? I have a lot of experience with a Grand Cherokee, getting one next month or so.

I was looking at a 2014/15 I have a grand cherokee laredo but i'm not happy with the mileage

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited: Mileage sux, the UConnect technology behind the radio, media, navigation, etc. also sux. I've had three recall notices, only one resolved due to Chrysler not having the parents available to repair the other faults and that sux. Rear window defroster wires not working, so my dealer had to send a picture to Chrysler to get authorization to order a replacement window. Not exactly service-oriented in my view. I've had Jeeps for years, but his may just be my last one.

Edited by Keukasmallies

I have a 2014 Grand Cherokee Laredo Limited: Mileage sux, the UConnect technology behind the radio, media, navigation, etc. also sux. I've had three recall notices, only one resolved due to Chrysler not having the parents available to repair the other faults and that sux. Rear window defroster wires not working, so my dealer had to send a picture to Chrysler to get authorization to order a replacement window. Not exactly service-oriented in my view. I've had Jeeps for years, but his may just be my last one.

I still have the classic dinosaur 2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ... Love it because it is so basic. My other is a 2006 Pacifica, love it too... But its systems are starting fail @ 200,000... Right now I am fiddling w/ fixing the solder power connector on the heated seats/power seats memory module... No way am I buying a new board @ this amount of miles on it... Worst case, I will jump the seat motors to the power directly. You'd think they'd make a manual override? That's the price for keeping these fancy cars for so long!

I have always been a Chrysler fan, but noticed they have been slipping in service. The corporation totally went downhill and I will never by another Chrysler product. Here's why:

My beef isn't with the Classic Jeep TJ... I will keep that for life. Regular classic Jeep don't end up in junk yards, you will never really find one there. Parts too valuable. My beef is w/ the Pacifica... Which is great BUT has one of the engine cradles called back in the 2005 extended warranty to 150,000. Seems they put the same one on my 2006 that was built in 2005. They extended the warranty to 150k for high salt areas and only for 2004-2005. Mine began to show rot @ 120k... They won't honor the warranty since mine is a 2006. Obviously, I live in a high salt area! Google: Pacifica and engine cradle rot.

Anyway... I documented everything and had it professionally welded instead of spending $4,000. A professional weld cost $300. I will observe the weld for any rot... I will probably never sell the car (high miles anyway) BUT will never buy another Chrysler again! I know it is taking a risk, I will end up mostly driving the car when I get a new one soon... But, Chrysler said it was fine! ;-)

Rather have a sister in a whore house ,than own a jeep. JUNK.

New ones are... Last real one they made was the TJ (True Jeep) in 2006... Mine still has the venerable cast iron I-6... Best with all the modern iginition and fuel injection! I take that's why they stop making them (fule economy too)... BUT I will never have to get rid of it!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Good luck! I probably should be in the market for a 3rd car now my son is driving. I gotta get that blasted seat fixed in my wife's car... I hate having to drive 2" from the windshield! LMAO! She'll probably get the new car, son the Jeep (there will be a fight though), and I get stuck w/the family DeSoto. Wallbash! I hang on to my vehicles for a while, I really regret get all the power features... Just more to break when the vehicle gets old and over the 100,000 mile barrier. Oh well, I hope the board is NOT fried... I just have no time to mess around soldering/fixing the power connector... What a pain in the azz! The logic board is sitting on my kitchen table, Boss Woman will make me move it soon! ;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Good luck! I probably should be in the market for a 3rd car now my son is driving. I gotta get that blasted seat fixed in my wife's car... I hate having to drive 2" from the windshield! LMAO! She'll probably get the new car, son the Jeep (there will be a fight though), and I get stuck w/the family DeSoto. Wallbash! I hang on to my vehicles for a while, I really regret get all the power features... Just more to break when the vehicle gets old and over the 100,000 mile barrier. Oh well, I hope the board is NOT fried... I just have no time to mess around soldering/fixing the power connector... What a pain in the azz! The logic board is sitting on my kitchen table, Boss Woman will make me move it soon! ;-)

Pull the cover off the seat control . Get your jumper box and 2 wires . find which 2 holes in the switch control the seat. Put it where you want.