[closed]McCown News!!

ChanOverChin

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He's 35 years old, played on 6 different teams, went 1-10 in his first years as a full time starter.. What's not to be excited about... He's simply a back up guy that may not even make the team, another QB will be brought in to compete, and I'm guessing it's Sanchez.. Josh, Sanchez and EJ will compete for 2 spots, one will be cut.

Sad but true.

Stopgap until free agency/draft...

We now have 2 (barely) pro level QB's - no way OBD is finished with the QB position this off-season.

EJ will have to beat 2 vets and one rookie in camp to be the starter - IMO

Who are the 2. I assume you count E.J. as one, and that's fine for camp, however who is the other?

I'm trying to figure out what those who are against this have in mind as an alternative?

Take a risk with our 2nd round pick and essentially assure we get no starting caliber players in this draft?

Overpay for Cutler who has proven he stinks?

Jeff Friggin Tuel?

Or is it just that you think Sam Bradford, who isn't actually available, will end up on the Bills somehow AND THEN NOT GET HURT???

Here's the bottom line: The Bills are not in line for a franchise QB this year. BUT they can still win with the way Roman wants to run his offense. Run the ball effectively and limit mistakes...Ya know who will limit mistakes? McCown!

The other piece to his equation is that EJ is still not a lost cause. He was not supposed to start as a Rookie. Remember Kevin Kolb? Between his concussion issues and the mishandling by Saint Doug, EJ's had a tough first two years. Maybe he breaks out. Maybe he improves enough to be a better game manager than McCown.

Hating on the McCown move is 150% a faulty false hope philosophy that the Bills can get a 10 year starter this offseason. They cant. But the team is talented enough around the QB position that if the O Line is improved, they dont need a Tom Brady. Remember, Trent Dilfer won a superbowl.

Rich Gannon was 34 the year he went to Oakland and had his best years there after a mostly middling career.

unfortunately, mccown will be 36 at seasons start, and probably qualifies as even less than a middling career.

that and gannon being the example everyone points at.... because its so incredibly rare.

unfortunately, mccown will be 36 at seasons start, and probably qualifies as even less than a middling career.

that and gannon being the example everyone points at.... because its so incredibly rare.

Very rare. Not a Raider fan but being in NorCal I had a front row seat to his emergence as unlikely as it was.

I'd love for EJ to take the job and make it his, it's time!